Virginia Senate Panel to Weigh Transportation Bonds
- Tough Transportation Talks. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31675, p1
Reports on negotiations by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee with other Senate panels charged with writing legislation, to renew the nation's surface transportation act in an attempt to find a way to use taxable tax-credit bonds as of July 11, 2003. Detail of a proposal by Charles E. Grassley,...
- A Move to 'BABify' Programs. Schroeder, Peter; Dutton, Audrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/12/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the bipartisan jobs bill that would BABify four tax-credit bond programs drafted by the Senate Finance Committee leaders in the U.S. It mentions that the bill allows issuers to receive Build America Bond-type direct payments and would extend the transportation law as well...
- Finance Bill Could Allow Gulf Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p1
Reports on the assembly of U.S. Senate Finance Committee to consider its tax reconciliation bill in Washington D.C. Purpose of the proposed tax reconciliation bill to finance the private-activity bonding authority and additional advance refunding for hurricane-affected states; Estimated amount...
- Senate Bill Expand QZAB Program, Help Small States. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p5
Reports that U.S. senator and member of the Senate Finance Committee has Kent Conrad re-introduced legislation that would expand the use of qualified zone academy bonds (WZAB). Information on provisions added by Conrad in the legislation; Revelation that the legislative bill would expand the...
- Baucus: More PABs, No AMT. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/11/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33021, p1
The article reports on the remarks of Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus on the economic stimulus legislation and a bailout of automakers in the U.S. He said that stimulus bill would allow state and local governments to issue additional private-activity bonds not subject to the...
- Dems act fast on bioterrorism funds. Gardner, Jonathan; Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;11/12/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p8
Reports on the passage of an economic recovery bill providing bioterrorism funding by the United States Senate Finance Committee in November 2001. Amount proposed to prevent bioterrorism; Overview of the bill; Details of the subsidy program for laid off workers provided by the legislation.
- Book buying bill in N.M. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;6/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p74
Reports on the introduction of a bill in the Senate Finance Committee to provide $1.3 million to buy books for public libraries.
- Riders Drown Bill, But Proposed Cap, Credit Hikes Live. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's postponement of action of community renewal legislation. Increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit; Provisions of the legislation.
- Senate Tax-Extender Bill Would Prolong QZABs, CREBs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/21/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32861, p4
The article reports on the tax-extender bill introduced by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee leaders during the third week of April 2008. The bill, introduced by Senators Max Baucus and Charles Grassley, contains several bond provisions including the expansion of the usage of qualified zone...