The Jewish Settlements in the West Bank: International Law and Israeli Jurisprudence
- The Illegal-Settlements Myth. Phillips, David M. // Commentary;Dec2009, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p32
The article examines the legality of Jewish settlements in the West Bank. The author states that the notion that the settlements are illegal is commonly, but erroneously, accepted. The article demonstrates that the settlements, while controversial, do not contravene international law in any way....
- CONCRETE KEEPS POURING IN ISRAEL. Ephron, Dan // Newsweek;10/18/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p8
The article discusses the politics behind a freeze by Israel on new settlements in the West Bank.
- The settlement. Winokur, Julie // Natural History;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p38
Portrays the lives of messianic Jews in the Bat Ayin settlement in West Bank. Co-existence of Jewish traditionalism with modern-day strife; Absence of fear among residents in the outpost despite deadly confrontations between Jews and Arabs; Differences between Bat Ayin and other West Bank...
- A West Bank rabbi argues for expanding settlements. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;5/18/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 122, p7
Reports on the efforts of Rabbi Menachem Frohman to build a settlement in Tekoa in the West Bank.
- Notes on church-state affairs: Israel. Hendon, David W.; Kennedy, James M. // Journal of Church & State;Spring97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p384
Focuses on the changes in Israel's policy on settlements in the West Bank territories after the election of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. Resumption of the sale of apartments to Israelis; Israeli and Palestinian leaders' reaching of an agreement on redeployment of Israeli forces stationed...
- Obama administration raps report on settlements. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/12/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p17
The article reports on the criticism of U.S. President Barack Obama's administration against the Levy Committee in Israel on the legality of the settlement in West Bank under the international law.
- Settlers trickle out of West Bank. Lynfield, Ben // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 241, p1
Discusses Jewish settlers in the West Bank who are moving out due to security concerns and economic problems. View that families leaving Jordan Valley and other small, secular, remote outposts in the West Bank do not reflect the situation in larger settlements or ideological ones; Mention of...
- While talks drag on, Israel builds. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p1
No abstract available.
- When Arabs raise a roof, it may be knocked down. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 240, p7
No abstract available.