One way to jazz up bed sales
- Solo and cycle in African-American jazz. Brothers, Thomas // Musical Quarterly;Fall94, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p479
No abstract available.
- TOP JAZZ. // Billboard;6/25/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 26, p65
Presents information on the top jazz music in the U.S. as of June 25, 2005, including "It's Time," by Michael Buble.
- TOP CONTEMPORARY JAZZ. // Billboard;6/25/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 26, p65
Presents information on the top contemporary jazz music in the U.S. as of June 25, 2005, including "Perfect Island Nights," by Bobby Caldwell.
- Groovin' High. Kelley, Robin D.G. // American Visions;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on the development of jazz music in the United States. Jazz musicians that have incorporated technology in their music; Technological devices that are being use in replacement to traditional rhythm instruments; Description on the developed jazz music in the 21st century and the musicians...
- JAZZ AND THE COLD WAR. Bratton, Elliot // New Crisis (15591603);Feb/Mar98, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p14
Part I. Examines the role that Afro-American jazz music and musicians played during the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union. How jazz bridged the gap between capitalist and communist countries; Link between civil rights crisis and jazz diplomacy in September 1957; Bias...
- Baobab back in the Big Apple. Rogers, Matt // New York Amsterdam News;7/3/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 27, p19
Senegal's Orchestra Baobab, a 10-piece band whose indescribably sublime sound of West African melodies and Afro-Cuban rhythms must be experienced live. Thoroughly describing the band's sound can prove difficult, as they truly are specialists in all styles. Pop on any one of their six albums to...
- "Plus De Jazz" Bell, Clive // New Republic;9/21/21, Vol. 28 Issue 355, p92
Comments on several issues concerning jazz music. Historical background on jazz music; Establishment of the jazz movement; Implications on music.
- Whose Music is it Anyway?: The Oxford University Press Jazz History/Criticism Series 1980-Present. Natambu, Kofi // Black Scholar;Winter99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on criticisms of jazz as a Negro music. Overview of the essay `Jazz and the White Critic'; Emergence of jazz music in the United States; Analysis of the essay on jazz music.
- What do you know about Jazz? ROBERTS, DREW // Making Music (1552-2946);Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p22
A quiz related to jazz musicians is presented.