- The profession. Embrey, Alison // Display & Design Ideas;May2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p18
Shopping is as much a part of the American life as baseball, apple pie and rock and roll. When the retail industry is hit with hard times and tight wallets, an emphasis on visual merchandising and out-on-a-limb store design is sometimes the first thing to be cut back. The condition is not...
- A Novel Eyedia. Brown, Katie // Louisville Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p12
This article focuses on a retail store in Louisville, Kentucky. Martha Neal Cooke combined her business and retail knowledge with partner Diane P. Stege's interior design experience to create Eyedia, Design It Again, an unconventional store that is opening the possibilites of what furniture...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p5
Reports on developments related to the furniture retail industry in Great Britain, as of May 14, 2004.
- Top of the range. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2005, Issue 5449, p20
Features several kitchen retailers in Tunbridge Wells, England. Range of services offered at Morris & Murray Designs; Inclusion of contemporary approach in kitchen design at Smallbone; Citation of the most popular kitchen theme in the area.
- Store Openings. // Furniture/Today;6/27/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p52
The article presents information on the opening of several new furniture stores in the U.S. Upholstery maker England has opened three dedicated Custom Furniture Direct stores, in Maryland, Ohio and Texas, bringing the total owned by Larry Hendricks and his associates at Custom Direct LLC to...
- STORES WITH WINNING LOOKS. Ingram, Cinde W. // Casual Living;Jun2013, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p04
The article discusses various topics of relevance to the furniture and furnishing industries as well as the interior design profession. Product display is said to enhance the shopping experience and entices shoppers to purchase a product. Hence, the retail industry places strong emphasis on...
- Looking great. // Australian House & Garden;Sep2005, Issue 9, p215
The article presents guidelines from various home decoration companies on renovating houses. Gold Coast, Queensland-based Flair Colour Consulting on the use of different colour schemes for renovating house. The company offers advice on creating a decor scheme. Osca Living Online is a seller of...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;9/16/2005, Issue 5456, p5
Reports on developments in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. Features of Cargo's new HomeShop in Didcot, Oxfordshire; Launch of The Retail Link, a specialist company to help cut the cost of recruitment for retailers; Increase in online retailing in Northern Ireland.
- Walk This Way. Curtin, Mary Liz // Giftware News;Sep2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p100
Presents tips to make retail stores attractive to consumers. Recognition of the positive things in the store; Tour of the shop at least once a week; Examination of other stores of various types.