- Fashion victims. Davis, Hazel // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2008, Issue 5571, p54
The article focuses on the resurgence of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Survey shows that retailers are advancing into the domestic interiors sector. They are selling items at budget prices, posing a potential threat to the traditional dedicated furniture and homewares store. Marks &...
- store openings. // Furniture/Today;7/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the openings of several stores related to furniture industry in the U.S. Drexel Heritage in Southlake, Texas; Design of the Interior in Winnetka, Illinois; Rowe Furniture in Kahului, Hawaii.
- Armani Casa Debuts at AtmosphÃ¨re in Santurce. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/22/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the acquisition of the exclusive distribution rights to Armani Casa collection by locally-owned upscale furniture retailer AtmosphÃ¨re in Puerto Rico. Sale of Armani Casa furniture and home accessories; Investment of the firm in the local market; Outstanding service and comfortable...
- Diversionary tactics. // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p20
The article discusses the attempts of furniture stores in Great Britain to offer furniture not made from oak. Retailers are attempting to diversify their offerings to break the monopoly of oak furniture. Lenleys of Canterbury are offering mahogany and waxed cherry dining furniture. Castle...
- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p46
The article analyzes the performance of the retail furniture industry in Great Britain in October 2005. Sales were higher as compared with sales on September 2004. Compared with September, 36% of retailers reported a decrease in the value of sales. 25% of stores were able to maintain sales,...
- Sales Monitor revealed that a strong January and February balanced out the drop in trade later. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2008, Issue 5586, p5
The article reports on the sales performance of furniture and homeware industry in Great Britain in the first quarter of 2008. According to the British Shops and Stores Association's (BSSA's) sales monitor, the industry showed a positive performance despite the retail's doom and gloom. The...
- JLP thrilled with PJ2. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p5
Reports on the opening of the PJ2 furniture store in Great Britain.
- Reeves. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p10
Features Reeves Enterprises Inc.'s bed retail store in Great Britain.
- Beaumont Beds. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p10
Features the Beaumont Beds bed retail store in Great Britain.