- Fashion victims. Davis, Hazel // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2008, Issue 5571, p54
The article focuses on the resurgence of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Survey shows that retailers are advancing into the domestic interiors sector. They are selling items at budget prices, posing a potential threat to the traditional dedicated furniture and homewares store. Marks &...
- store openings. // Furniture/Today;7/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the openings of several stores related to furniture industry in the U.S. Drexel Heritage in Southlake, Texas; Design of the Interior in Winnetka, Illinois; Rowe Furniture in Kahului, Hawaii.
- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p46
The article analyzes the performance of the retail furniture industry in Great Britain in October 2005. Sales were higher as compared with sales on September 2004. Compared with September, 36% of retailers reported a decrease in the value of sales. 25% of stores were able to maintain sales,...
- Reeves. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p10
Features Reeves Enterprises Inc.'s bed retail store in Great Britain.
- Profile of responding retailers. // Furniture/Today;9/12/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, pS3
Provides information about the retailers participated in the journal's 2005 Furniture Store Performance Report in the U.S. Type of furniture stores operated by the companies; Categories of the responding retailers by sales volume; Representation of the four census regions in the report.
- New Heights. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p108
The article evaluates the furniture store New Heights in Birmingham, England. The store lacks any sale items and it charges a Â£15 delivery fee. According to the author, the store's furniture and interior are uninspiring, especially on the top floor. The colors of the furniture are browns and...
- House of Fraser. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p110
The article evaluates the furniture store, House of Fraser in Birmingham, England. The store's furniture display is located on the fourth and fifth floors. The author relates that upon entering the store, a customer will be assailed by a mixture of perfume odors. The author claims that the...
- Armani Casa Debuts at AtmosphÃ¨re in Santurce. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/22/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the acquisition of the exclusive distribution rights to Armani Casa collection by locally-owned upscale furniture retailer AtmosphÃ¨re in Puerto Rico. Sale of Armani Casa furniture and home accessories; Investment of the firm in the local market; Outstanding service and comfortable...
- Open house. Soltani, Sonia // Cabinet Maker;11/18/2005, Issue 5465, p18
Features the Harmer furniture store on New Kings Road in London, England. Factors influencing the owner's decision to base the store at her house; Description of the store's interior design; Product ranges.