In the nip of time
- "Experiential Retailing" as a Strategic Tool for Retail Store Differentiation and Brand Association - A Conceptual Approach. Senthil, M.; Chandrasekar, K. S.; Selvabaskar, S. // SIES Journal of Management;Mar2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p92
The transition from mere purchasing of goods to shopping has resulted in the growth of modern retailing in India. This is further fuelled by westernization and rapid urbanization processes and well supported by technological developments. In today's hyper competitive scenario, Companies spend...
- Brands go back to the shop floor. Bashford, Suzy // Marketing (00253650);6/8/2011, p33
The article discusses several factors that affect retail sales highlighting the techniques of field marketers to generate more income. These factors include visual merchandising, mobile commerce, social media, and how technology can monitor the supply chain. It states that every brand is...
- Letters. Taylor, Ian; Staton, Mark // Marketing (00253650);7/13/2005, p28
Presents letters to the editor about topics related to marketing. Comments on an article related to profitable innovation published in the June 29 issue; Significance of flagship stores to the retailers; Importance of off line channels in boosting online business.
- Technically Speaking. Koeppel, Peter // Retail Merchandiser;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p30
The article presents some of the latest technologies that small retailers can use to reach existing customers and attract new ones. Blogs are informational postings that can be created to inform potential and existing customers about products or services. With a Really Simple Syndication feed,...
- The Extended Specialty Store: A Strategic Opportunity for the 1990s. Bates, Albert D. // Journal of Retailing;Fall89, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p379
All significant innovations in retailing, from the department store of the 1860s to the warehouse club of the 1970s, were responses to the key environmental developments of the time. By taking advantage of changes in consumer preferences, emerging technology, and other market realities,...
- Shopping Technology. Medcalf, Graham // NZ Marketing Magazine;May2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on the growing importance of in-store marketing in 2008. Aidan Bennett, managing director of Benefitz, believes it is essential that in-store advertising providers keep pace with technology as retailers are demanding quality solutions whilst still demanding low prices....
- A Step Forward For Retailing. // Textile World;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p56
The article discusses the development of the aligned dealer programs by Mohawk Industries Inc. as its marketing strategy to increase growth in the floor covering industry. The company had been working with floor covering retailers in the past 30 years before 2006, that has resulted into the idea...
- Gone to the dogs. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;12/16/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p26
Presents an article on human-animal relationship. Significance of the bond between a pet and its owner; Benefits of having a pet; Responsibilities of pet owners.
- All in the Family. Smith, Brian D. // Indianapolis Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p106
Focuses on the attitude towards animals in Indiana. Membership of pets in a family; Presence of a dog in photographs; Financial allocation to treat a cat suffering from chronic renal failure.