- Discounters in Comp Sales Rally. // Home Textiles Today;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p14
The article reports that same-store retail sales improved by 3.4% in the U.S. during the first week of November 2006. Last-minute Halloween shopping contributed to the increase in sales of discounters by 3.1%. Department store sales increased by 3.8% but fell short of a target of 4.3% growth....
- GREAT DEALS. Boyd, Amanda; Condie, Todd; Doane, Kathleen; Hayutin, Marnie Engel; Kissing, Steve; Morgan, Kitty; O'Neill, Tom; Schneider, Maria; Wolfe, J. Kevin // Cincinnati;Aug2003, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p58
The article presents information about deals to be had on everything from designer dresses to patio furniture. Randy Menges, assistant manager at the TriCounty outlet, says that ties, which can range from $20 to $40, are more likely to be on sale "because they're trendy." Dave Hall, co-owner of...
- EDITORIAL. // European Retail Digest;Winter94/95, Issue 5, p3
Editorial. Presents the topics on departments stores which are discussed in the Winter 1994 issue of 'The European Retail Digest.' Assessment of the department store sector in Finland; Analysis of retail performance indicators for the department store industry; Use of data services on consumer...
- Department Store Retailing in Finland--Market Trends and Company Strategies. // European Retail Digest;Winter94/95, Issue 5, p13
Discusses the trends in department store retailing in Finland as of December 1994. Characteristics of department store retailing in Europe; Reasons for the structural changes in the department store sector; Retail groups which dominate the Finnish department store retailing.
- Future Prospects for Department Store Retailing in Europe. // European Retail Digest;Winter94/95, Issue 5, p21
Examines the department store retailing in Europe. Origins and development of department stores and variety stores; Factors which affect the survival and growth of the department store sector; Trends in department store retailing in several European countries.
- Graduating with honours. Hawkins, Vince // Housewares;Aug2004, Issue 184, p4
Features Oxford, England-based department store Boswells. Products offered; Customer flow.
- Softening Up the Concept Shop. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/15/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 93, p6
No abstract available.
- America. // European Retail Digest;Sep2001, Issue 31, p48
Reports on the status of the department store industry in the U.S. as of September 2001. Overview of the financial status of U.S. department stores in 1990-1999; Strategies pursued by department stores which have adverse effects on profitability; Suggestions on the improvement of the financial...
- The best-designed stores in 11 categories. // Display & Design Ideas;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p22
Presents information on the best-designed stores in the U.S. as of September 2003. Categorization of the stores.