- VIC SAYS... // Cabinet Maker;10/2/2015, Issue 5951, p18
The author reflects on how the current problems in China and elsewhere will affect the furniture industry and puts the industry in a position to plan and reap the benefits to be had. Topics discussed include the need for the industry to know the needs and wants of their customers, the need to...
- Good show -- they were crying in the halls. // Cabinet Maker;1/28/2005, Issue 5423, p10
Reports on the commendation to the Furniture Show of furniture industry in Great Britain. Efforts of exhibitors and manufacturers to display products to the retailers; Number of products displayed at the show; Design of the products.
- LEAVING LOST WAGES. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p33
Looks at the competition posed by the city of Las Vegas, Nevada to the furniture industry in High Point, North Carolina. Competitive advantages of the High Point market compared with Las Vegas; Number of exhibitors, buyers and sellers at trade shows held in Las Vegas in July 2005 and February...
- Decosit fair now called 'Mood' Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;9/29/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on Decosit's decision to change its name to Mood, a name that organizers say reflects a broader focus on all decorative fabrics including upholstery, curtains and sheers, outdoor fabrics and innovative textiles for both residential and contract uses. Decosit is the...
- New interiors show to have a public day. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2004, Issue 5394, p6
Reports on the plan to conduct a public furniture show called London Interiors in July 2005 in London, England. Support of consumer marketing and trade marketing campaign for the show; Opportunity for manufacturers to showcase products directly to end user; Schedule for the trade event.
- Warmer welcome for Arena and Pavilion. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p7
Reports that the organizers of the Furniture Show, which will be held in Birmingham, England, has responded to criticism from exhibitors by moving visitor registration and improving signage for the show in January 2004. Criticism leveled against the furniture industry exhibition; Number of...
- Egypt's inaugural Furnex show draws buyers from 36 countries. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p28
Reports on the attendance of international buyers in the furniture fair Furnex 2004 held in Cairo, Egypt on June 2004. Number of international buyers according to show organizers; Trademarks of Egyptian furniture; Product offerings.
- Let's all scream for High Point. // Furniture/Today;4/2/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article by Clint Engel regarding the perspectives of retailers on the products they will be buying in the High Point market, in which some said they look for furniture that displays value at every price point.
- Summer living. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;06/11/99, Issue 5141, p16
Reports on the Intohome furniture accessories show in Birmingham, England. Flower-themed bed linens; Pillow accessories; Velvet curtains; Tactile fabrics for throwpillows.