Department store depression
- Allders carved up after collapse. Hanney, Brian // Accountancy;Mar2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1339, p12
Reports on the business failure of British retail store chain Allders in January 2005. Total number of stores sold to rivals; Impact of the failure on the company's employees; Brief financial information on Allders.
- Ten Adders stores face closure. // Cabinet Maker;2/11/2005, Issue 5425, p6
The article reports that two of Allders PLC's largest branches are among at least 10 units, which face closure. The Oxford Street, London and Leeds outlets were among 10, which attracted no offers from the 36 bidders for the department store chain. The company's administrator was unable to find...
- Allders' no sale no fee deal. // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2005, Issue 5449, p3
Reports on the reopening of Allders PLC's furniture department at its Croydon flagship store in England. Significance of the reopening to the company; Total number of new concessions; Concept of the deal between the store and tenants.
- Littlewoods axes Index sites in rebranding move. Storey, Justine // Marketing Week;12/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on retailer Littlewoods' plan to close dozens of its standalone Index catalog retail sites in Great Britain. Proposal to rebrand some of the sites to incorporate the Littlewoods name; Decline of sales; Selection of HHCL & Partners to handle a corporate branding account.
- Three chains snap up 24 Allders sites. // Housewares;Mar2005, Issue 188, p40
The article focuses on administrator for collapsed department store chain Allders PLC, which has sold a total of 24 stores to Debenhams PLC, Bhs and Primark Corp. Kroll, the company handling the administration, said Debenhams had bought eight and Bhs 10, while Primark had taken over six. It...
- Carpetright adds concession label. // Marketing (00253650);11/24/2004, p6
This article reports that Carpetright has launched a concession brand to drive sales through Allders PLC and other department stores. Inhouse Carpets will he introduced into 39 Allders outlets, replacing the chain's own-brand offer. Inhouse's branding was created by WFCA Integrated, which is...
- Allders refurbishment puts ideas to the test. // In-Store Marketing;Feb2002, p7
Presents information on the long-term renovation program of Allders. Description of the carpet department of the store; Details of the color wall; Design of the audio-visual zone; Consultants of the retail store.
- Northampton Allders re-opens after flooding. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p3
Announces the re-opening of the Allders home furnishings store in Northampton, England on October 3, 1998. Repair of areas of the store damaged by floods.
- January Blues For Britain. Conti, Samantha; Jenkins, Tim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/23/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 131, p11
The article forecasts the business prospects in the retail clothing and dress trade in Great Britain for January 2009. Businessman Nick Hood predicts that a 10 to 15 national and regional retail chains would close down by mid-January, as according to him, fashion retailers are fragile...