Ten Adders stores face closure
- Department store depression. // Cabinet Maker;2/11/2005, Issue 5425, p8
The article reports that with the demise of Allders PLC and a possible sale of Littlewoods PLC, the author looks at what lies in store for the department and variety store sector. According to the author, for a retail sector worth about Â£14.5 billion, the future looks a little uncertain. With...
- Allders carved up after collapse. Hanney, Brian // Accountancy;Mar2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1339, p12
Reports on the business failure of British retail store chain Allders in January 2005. Total number of stores sold to rivals; Impact of the failure on the company's employees; Brief financial information on Allders.
- Allders rolls out invoice automation. Gomm, Karen // Computer Weekly;12/7/2004, p16
This article informs that the department store chain Allders PLC will go live with a hosted invoice matching application it expects will cut query times and increase invoice to order match rates. The retailer is replacing its manual system with Kewill Trade, which will exchange invoice data with...
- Allders collapse triggers warning. // Credit Management;Apr2005, p12
The article presents news related to the retail sector. Suppliers to the retail sector must take urgent steps to protect themselves against bad debts following the collapse of department store chain Allders PLC and a warning from Great Britain's accounting watchdog. Tony Garner, Industry...
- Allders update. // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p4
Reports that Allders will continue to sell television and electrical products.
- …as Allders is forced into administration. // DIY Week;6/29/2012, p5
The article reports that the 150-year-old department store Allders of Croydon has collapsed into administration in June, 2012 due to poor sales and the failure of rent negotiations with landlord Minerva.
- Open and Shut Cases. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Apr2007, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p78
The article discusses several issues concerning the closure of Gap Incorporated's Forth & Towne division. Before the closure, the company launched an advertising campaign in the U.S. and undertook some direct mailings for the chain store. The consensus of some industry experts is that the...
- Allders buys C&A quartet. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p4
Reports that chain store Allders has acquired four stores of clothing chain C and A, which will exit the Great Britain market by 2001.
- Untitled. Kivlehan, Noella Pio // Estates Gazette;Summer2013 Retail Supplement, p3
The author examines the correlation between the biblical quote about resurrection and the failure of retail chains, noting that a chosen few were reopened on the high street with different format to the scepticism of some market experts.