THE WEEK 11.02.05
- Vegas gambles on new show. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p10
Reports that the Las Vegas Market is due to launch on July 25-29, 2005 to the fanfare of more than 1,000 furniture exhibitors. Largest launch show the U.S. has ever seen; Based on a similar model to High Point, where exhibitors have permanent showrooms to create a shopping mall for furniture;...
- Buyers still seek value. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;9/14/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the furniture market held September 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Las Vegas Market is a move for retailers to find the kinds of specials and great values that will turn into bigger. This is a strategy for retailers to weather the current economic turmoil. Some of them...
- Your mission: Find the deals. // Furniture/Today;9/14/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the Las Vegas, Nevada Market held September 2009. It suggests that buyers should think themselves as merchants to find exciting new goods in the show that will help start their business. It emphasizes that organizing the show means that retailers are optimistic for the...
- Why stores shouldn't skip Toronto market. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/7/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p37
The author reflects on the importance of participating in furniture trade shows by independent retailers. He emphasizes that attending a trade show can be beneficial to independent retailers because they will have the opportunity to see and learn. He also explains that the projected problems to...
- Location, vocation. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;1/5/2007, Issue 5519, p35
The article reports on the Purple Leaf show in Chilterns, England, on November 25-26, 2006 to promote furniture makers in the area. Those who took part in the event included Caryn Moberly, Gordon Kent, Daniel Lacey, Miranda, Salmon, Mark Newson, Wayward, Philip Koomen, Andrew Lupton, Jonathan...
- Leader. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;7/26/2013, Issue 5846, p3
The author argues against those cabinet manufacturers that were expecting to see some retailers at the Manchester Furniture Show.
- Shanghai show also caters to domestic market. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;10/9/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p71
The article provides information on the 12th China International Furniture Exposition in Shanghai, China. In this event, Kuka, a leather producer, has about 35 percent of its sale in the domestic market. Kasen, an upholstery producer, was also pushing its brand. Furthermore, Ashley Furniture saw...
- New interiors show to have a public day. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2004, Issue 5394, p6
Reports on the plan to conduct a public furniture show called London Interiors in July 2005 in London, England. Support of consumer marketing and trade marketing campaign for the show; Opportunity for manufacturers to showcase products directly to end user; Schedule for the trade event.
- Maison&Objet pulls in the overseas crowd. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p7
Reports on the number of companies that participated in the Maison and Object furniture exhibition held in Paris, France.