Federation of New York State Bird Clubs Marks 50th Year
- Video on Signature Award will be available from N.Y. Audubon Society. // Landscape Management;Nov94, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p35
Reports that the New York Audubon Society is preparing a videotape to promote and inform organizations about the requirements and benefits of achieving `Signature Award' status. Contact information.
- Refuge on the horizon. O'Reilly, Kathleen // Audubon;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p109
Focuses on Waccamaw Audubon Society proposal for the Waccamaw National Wildlife Refuge for the area species. Why the wetland area is protected under the Clean Water Act; Comments from Jack Peachey, a former president of Waccamaw Audubon; Number of resident endangered species found in the...
- Untitled. // Nature;4/28/1994, Vol. 368 Issue 6474, p781
Reports on the charity BirdLife International's search for donations towards preserving the species of vireo, a small insectivorous bird discovered in the rainforest of the Columbian Andes in 1991. Discoverer Paul Salman; Habitat; Establishment of an endowment fund with a Colombian foundation...
- The South's Secret Snowbirds. Greer, Jennifer // Southern Living;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p42
Deals with hummingbirds. Southern states where the hummingbirds actually spends the winter; Rare hummingbirds that the Hummer/Bird Study Group Inc. has documented; Preferred roost of the hummingbirds.
- Adopt a bluebird box. // New York State Conservationist;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, Wild in New York p7
Focuses on the New York State Bluebird Society's `Adopt-A-Box' program. Details of the program; Program's goal of generating funds to help complete the Route 20 Bluebird Research Trail; Contact information.
- Breaking ground. // Business NH Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p70
Reports on the Audubon Society of New Hampshire's groundbreaking for its Massebic Audubon Center in Auburn, New Hampshire. Event's highlights; Features of the proposed facility.
- Conservation group rediscovers `lost' birds. // Christian Science Monitor;1/30/96, Vol. 88 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the discovery of three species which were thought to be previously extinct by Birdlife International. Reference to the Invisible Rail and the Paradise Flycatcher; Information on the need for protection of the Invisible Rail; Description of the Paradise Flycatcher; Comments from Nigel...
- N.Y. Audubon certification is a bona fide money-saver. Roche, Jerry // Landscape Management;Aug95, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p3G
Features the Oregon Gulf Club of the Oregon Country Club, which earned the New York Audubon Society Cooperative Sanctuary certification. Problems encountered with mowing; Advantages and disadvantages of a wooden golf course; Tone and philosophy of the landscape design; Maintenance of the grasses.
- World Bird Festival. Kent, David A. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;02/08/2002, Vol. 190 Issue 6, p14
Presents the stamps issued by BirdLife International to encourage the protection of birds.