Firm claims damages from Inland Revenue
- Lloyd's damages. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct91, Vol. 108 Issue 1178, p50
Reports on Great Britain Inland Revenue's clarification of the treatment of compensation or damages received by Lloyd's members following actions against the lead underwriters of their syndicates, syndicate managing agents or their members' agents. Payment of compensation in settlement of claim...
- Eightfold stamp duty hike to hit retailers. // Accountancy;Nov2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1323, p95
This article reports on the plan of the Inland Revenue of Great Britain to increase taxation on larger property leases. Stephen McGrady, head of stamp duty taxes at KPMG, says that the new law was outlined in the Finance Act. It is considered controversial because it increases the amount of...
- CGT and retirement relief: new practices. // Accountancy;Sep76, Vol. 87 Issue 997, p11
The article discusses a notice issued by the Great Britain Inland Revenue explaining two new practices which have been introduced in the application of the capital gains tax retirement relief. The practices are the business passing to spouse and the delay in sale of business or completion of...
- The clampdown. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;5/4/2002, Issue 218, p49
Presents information on the response of members of the property industry in Great Britain toward the proposals of the British Inland Revenue to close stamp duties and raise revenues from taxes. Impact of the proposals on transactions and liquidity; Percentage of the expected increase in...
- No automatic right to recoup costs. Cooper, Stephanie; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Oct2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1298, p95
This article discusses the case Lewis versus Commissioners of Inland Revenue and others in Great Britain. It involved a liquidator who was not entitled to recoup the costs of proposed litigation, whether successful or not, out of the company's assets as an expense of the liquidation. Section 115...
- Electronic lodgement. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p114
Reports on the Inland Revenue in Great Britain's publication of a second consultative document on the electronic lodgement service.
- Mondex. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p114
Reports on the Inland Revenue in Great Britain's plan to take part in the pilot of the Mondex electronic cash system.
- Hitting soft targets. Gray, Malcolm // Public Finance;12/13/96, p25
Reveals how `heavies' at the Inland Revenue (IR) are persuading pension funds to sign up to tax liability contracts in Great Britain. Foundation of funded pension schemes; Part of IR investment activities; Risks of the contract. INSET: Pension notes..
- Tax avoidance and liquidations. // Accountancy;Feb1976, Vol. 87 Issue 990, p7
This article presents a case concerned with the taxation of liquidations in Great Britain. In 1964, the taxpayer, Joiner, held 75% of ordinary shares in his family company, A. G. Joiner & Son Ltd., and all of the voting shares in another family company, Auto-Components and Engineering Ltd. In...