- FROGS! // National Geographic Little Kids;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 42, p20
Photographs are presented which features the natural habitat, physical characteristics and behavior of frogs including the yellow tree frog, golden mantella frog and bullfrog.
- Diet of seven anuran species (Amphibia: Anura) in Agusan Marsh, Mindanao, Philippines. Almeria, Merlita L.; Nuñeza, Olga M. // Animal Biology & Animal Husbandry;6/30/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p116
Anurans are indicators of ecosystem health and have important functions in natural food webs. Studies on anurans in Agusan marsh are very scarce particularly inside the protected area. In order to understand the prey selection of anurans within the Agusan marsh habitat we examined the diet of...
- AS COLD AS A FROG. Torr, Geordie; Robinson, Martyn // Nature Australia;Winter2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p7
Provides information on Common Eastern Froglet which commonly appears during winter. Description of the frog; Characteristics and behavior.
- Poison-arrow frog. // Encyclopedia of Animals;2006, p1
Poison-arrow frogs are brightly-colored, poisonous amphibians. Poison-arrow frogs are also known as poison-dart frogs. Some poison-arrow frogs are used by certain Indian tribes in Central and South America to add poisons to the tips of their arrows.
- Desert frogs have it in the bag. G.H. // Nature Australia;Spring96, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the formation of cocoons during aestivation by arid-zone frogs in some Australian genera, according to observations by Phil Withers of the University of Western Australia. Water-conserving posture adopted by the frogs on the onset of aestivation; How the frog cocoons are formed;...
- A NEW SPECIES OF HYLOSCIRTUS (ANURA: HYLIDAE) FROM COLOMBIA, WITH A REDIAGNOSIS OF HYLOSCIRTUS LARINOPYGION (DUELLMAN, 1973). RIVERA-CORREA, MAURICIO; FAIVOVICH, JULIÁN // Herpetologica;Sep2013, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p298
Hyloscirtus larinopygion is rediagnosed, and a new species formerly confused with that species is described from the highlands of the Central Cordillera in the Andes Mountains of Colombia. The new species differs from the other species of the H. larinopygion group by its color pattern, iris...
- A new species of the Boophis rappiodes group (Anura, Mantellidae) from the Sahamalaza Peninsula, northwest Madagascar, with acoustic monitoring of its nocturnal calling activity. Penny, Samuel G.; Andreone, Franco; Crottini, Angelica; Holderied, Marc W.; Rakotozafy, Lovasoa Sylviane; Schwitzer, Christoph; Rosa, Gonçalo M. // ZooKeys;2014, Issue 435, p111
A new species of treefrog of the Boophis rappiodes group (Anura, Mantellidae) is described from the Sahamalaza - Iles Radama National Park in northwest Madagascar. This new species is green in colour with bright red speckling across its head and dorsum; similar in morphology to other species of...
- Amphibia, Anura, Hylidae, Itapotihyla langsdorffii (DumÃ©ril and Bibron, 1841): Correction of older record and distribution extention. Kleinsorge, Juliana M. D.; Fonseca, Roberta A. M.; Pirani, Renata M.; Nascimento, Luciana B. // CheckList;Oct2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p876
The article focuses on the distribution extension and correction of the older record of anura species Itapotihyla langsdorffii in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil. This frog species is considered susceptible in the Red List of Endangered Species of the state. It notes that its adult male emits...
- Animals adapting to changing climate. CANO, ANGELE // Hub (Hay River, NT);4/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on bird species and animal species and their adaptation to changing environment including English sparrow, the wood frog, and black capped chickadee.