- The Finger Lakes. Williams, Deborah // TravelAmerica;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on several tourist spots located at the border of the Finger Lakes in New York State. Letchworth State Park; National Soaring Museum in Elmira; Taughannock Falls State Park in Ithaca.
- Oy, Wilderness. Friedman, Steve // Backpacker;Apr2005, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p84
Recounts an adventure tour to Harriman State Park in New York.
- Opening Here Soon. // New Yorker;4/21/1956, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p29
The article relates the author's experience in traveling to Coney Island, New York in spring. During their travel, the sea was calm and dark. Most of the establishments were still closed or had been refurbished during their visit. He also visited the Wonderland Park.
- Travel & leisure. Josefak // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/05/99, Vol. 46 Issue 45, p52A
Presents travel-related news items in Long Island, New York, compiled in the week November 5-11, 1999. Includes changes planned for the Ellsworth W. Allen at Oyster Bay; Performance of the play Pinocchio; Project to enable Nassau County children to send letters to Santa Claus.
- Sit Back and Enjoy the View. Wein, Bibi // Wildflower (Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center);Fall2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
The article praises the beauty of the Adirondack Park during fall in New York. It is the largest protected area in the U.S. It has mountains, wetlands, mixed hardwood and boreal forests with more than 150 species of native trees, shrubs and vines. Its fall foliage adventure offers a challenging...
- DAY TRIPPERS. MCNAMARA, MAGGIE // New York Family;Aug2012, p60
The article discusses day trips for families in New York City, including the Splish Splash Long Island Water Park, Hyde Park in Hudson Valley, and the Six Flags Great Adventure.
- lake placid: new york. J. C. // Ski;Dec2015, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p88
The article offers travel tips for Lake Placid, New York and includes information on Adirondack Park, the Miracle on Ice arena, and Olympic history.
- Joint-venture garden for Battery Park City. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;Aug1991, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p25
Reports that Cooper, Robertson & Partners is teaming with visual artist Jennifer Bartlett and landscape architects Quennell Rothschild to create the South Garden at New York's Battery Park City.
- A falls for remembering. Newman, J.L. // Focus;Winter89, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p21
Describes the views at Taughannock Falls State Park in New York. Height of the falls, considered the highest east of the Rockies; Surrounding gorges; Seasonal changes at the falls.