76-Year-Old Man With Back Pain and Progressive Leg Weakness
- Hypercalcemia: An Unusual Manifestation of Uterine Leiomyoma. Garcha, Amarinder Singh; Gumaste, Purva; Cherian, Sujith; Khanna, Apurv // Case Reports in Medicine;2013, p1
We present a case of hypercalcemia in a 79-year-old female likely secondary to uterine leiomyoma. To the best of our knowledge, hypercalcemia due to a benign tumor has only been described in five cases. Of these above five cases, uterine leiomyoma was thought to be the cause of hypercalcemia in...
- Hipercalcemia Tumoral. A PropÃ³sito de Tres Casos. KOPP G., KATHERINE; BRACHO M., FERNANDO; CONCHA V., EMMA; VALLEJOS C., NIMIA; NICKLAS D., CAROLINA; VILLARROEL C., MILENA // Revista Chilena de PediatrÃa;jul/ago2010, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p347
Hypercalcemia is an infrecuent complication in pediatric oncology, with an incidence between 0,5 and 3%. It can occur at diagnosis, during the disease course or at relapse, and it is resolved by treating the underlying pathology, requiring in some cases the use of specific therapy such as...
- Clear Cell Tumor of the Pancreas Associated With Hypercalcemia. Namiq, Asraa L.; Delcore, Romano; Damjanov, Ivan // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Feb2003, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p241
Presents a pathologic case study of endocrine pancreatic tumor seen in an aged woman with hypercalcemia. Clinical history of the patient; Results of physical and laboratory examinations performed on the patient; Background on the disease.
- Adenosquamous Carcinoma of the Colon: A Rare Tumor. Kiran, Ravi P.; Tripodi, Guiseppe; Frederick, William; Dudrick, Stanley J. // American Surgeon;Aug2006, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p754
Adenosquamous carcinoma of the colon is rare. A paraneoplastic syndrome presenting as hypercalcemia may occasionally occur in association with these tumors. Survival for more advanced stages of disease is lower than for patients with adenocarcinoma at a corresponding stage. We report a patient...
- Consider Calcitriol-Induced Hypercalcemia in Presence of Low PTH Levels. // Kidney;May/Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p100
Discusses the abstract of the research paper entitled 'Idiopathic calcitriol-induced hypercalcemia: A new disease entity?,' by E. Evron, S. Goland et al, and published in a 1997 issue of 'Archives of Internal Medicine.'
- A Practical Approach to Hypercalcemia. Carroll, Mary F.; Schade, David S. // American Family Physician;5/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p1959
Presents information on hypercalcemia. Pathophysiology; Clinical manifestations; Differential diagnosis; Treatment.
- CORRECTION. // Clinician Reviews;Mar2012, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
A correction to the article on hypercalcemia is presented.
- Calcitriol Production in Hypercalcemic and Normocalcemic Patients with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Seymour, John F.; Gagel, Robert F.; Hagemeister, Frederick B.; Dimopoulos, Meletios A.; Cabanillas, Fernando // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/1/94, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p633
Deals with the calcitriol production in hypercalcemic and normocalcemic patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Incidence of elevated serum calcitriol levels in hypercalcemic patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma; Relation between serum calcitriol and calcium; Pathogenic role of calcitriol in the...
- Zoledronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;6/18/2005, Issue 1056, p18
Discusses research being done on side effects of the drug zoleidronic acid. Reference to study by N. V. Nguyen et al, which appeared in the May 2005 issue of the "Medical Journal of Australia"; Occurrence of profound hypoglycemia in a patient with multiple myeloma during treatment with...