Importance of Device Evaluation for Point-of-Care Prothrombin Time International Normalized Ratio Testing Programs
- Failure to Generate Comparable International Normalized Ratio Values Using Five Different Thromboplastin Reagents in Parallel Studies of Patients Receiving Warfarin. Schmitz, Laura L.; Olson, Sandra L.; Shapiro, Robert S.; McCormick, Stanley R.; Kubic, Virginia L. // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Spring1995, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p142
Warfarin therapy has traditionally been monitored using the prothrombin time (PT). A significant problem with this assay is the variable sensitivity of commercially available thromboplastin reagents to reduction of vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors. The International Normalized Ratio (INR)...
- Coumadin's effect on PTT. R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;2/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p93
Describes the effect of Coumadin or warfarin on partial thromboplastin time (PTT). Dosage; Medication intervals.
- Investigations of the Effects of Ethanol on Warfarin Binding to Human Serum Albumin. Ha, Chung-Eun; Petersen, Charles E.; Park, David S.; Harohalli, Krishna; Bhagavan, Nadhipuram V. // Journal of Biomedical Science;2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p114
Ethanol effects on warfarin binding to human serum albumin (HSA) have been studied by equilibrium dialysis and fluorescence methods at pH 7.4 in phosphate-buffered saline at 37Â°C. In the presence of various amounts of ethanol fluorescence intensity of bound warfarin decreased significantly...
- Laboratory control of oral anticoagulants. Poller, L. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/9/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6581, p1184
Focuses on the introduction of the national system for laboratory control of oral anticoagulants in Great Britain. Causes of the international variation of warfarin dose; Details on the international normalized ratio for thromboplastin; Concern on the international cooperation for anticoagulant...
- Retrospective assessment of potential interaction between levofloxacin and warfarin. Berta Gracia García; Elisabet Leiva Badosa; María Perayre Badía; Concepción Reynaldo Martínez; Ramón Jodar Masanés // Pharmacy World & Science;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p224
AbstractÂ Â Objective There is currently a controversy regarding interactions between levofloxacin and warfarin. The aim of this study was to determine the clinical relevance of this interaction in our setting. Setting A university hospital in Barcelona, Spain. Methods We carried out a...
- Warfarin patients 'poorly controlled' // Pulse;4/2/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p15
Reports that patients on warfarin are often poorly controlled with some spending as much as three-quarters of the time outside the target INR range in Great Britain.
- International Normalized Ratio (INR). // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p508
A definition of the term "International Normalized Ratio (INR)" is presented. It refers to a method to standardize reporting of the prothrombin time. In the formula of INR, PT indicates the prothrombin times and ISI indicates the international sensitivity index. The international sensitivity...
- Prothrombin Time. // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p771
A definition of the term "prothrombin time" is presented. It refers to a coagulation assay which measures the time for plasma to clot upon activation by thromboplastin.
- Comparison of Clot-Based vs Chromogenic Factor Xa Procoagulant Phospholipid Activity Assays. Bohling, Sandra D.; Pagano, Monica B.; Stitzel, Maria R.; Ferrell, Chris; Yeung, Wandy; Chandler, Wayne L. // American Journal of Clinical Pathology;Feb2012, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p185
We compared 2 commercial plasma procoagulant phospholipid activity (PPA) assays, chromogenic, using bound annexin V to capture phosphatidylserine-containing microparticles, and clot-based. In both, anionic phospholipids accelerated activation of prothrombin by factor Xa. PPA levels were lower in...