With Fitch Upgrade in Hand, San Antonio Schools to Sell $299 Million of GOs
- Peru: Victory In The Investment Grade Race. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p13
The article reports that ratings agency Fitch upgraded the long-term foreign currency issuer default rating of Peru to BBB- from BB+. Analysts believe that Peru was best positioned among its regional peers to join the Latin American investment grade elite. The upgrade saw the country's 5-Year...
- Fitch downgrades Argentina and predicts default. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;11/29/2012, p13
The article reports on the credit rating given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to Argentina wherein it has downgraded the country's credit rating by five notches from B to CC, with a short term rating from B to C.
- Fitch Upgrades Chicago's Outlook to Positive, Thanks to Skyway Cash. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p6
Reports on the upgrade made to the credit rating of the city of Chicago, Illinois by Fitch Ratings Inc. Impact of the Skyway tollroad privatization on the improvement in the city's credit quality; Factors influencing the rating agency to issue the upgrade; Rating assigned to the city by other...
- Fitch Drops Lansing, Mich.'s Outstanding GO Debt to AA From AA-Plus. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/12/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33079, p24
The article reports on the downgrade made by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to Lansing, Michigan's outstanding general obligation debt to AA from AA-plus. The rating agency cited the state capital's ongoing economic weakness as the major factor of the downgrade. It also maintained its stable outlook at the...
- Oroville, Calif. Elementary Downgraded a Notch. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;1/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34242, p1
Fitch Ratings downgraded Oroville Elementary School District to A-plus from AA-minus based on a structural imbalance that has steadily eroded the district's previously solid fund balances.
- The state-appointed administrator of the Richmond, Calif., school district has released a five-year financial-recovery program for the troubled district. // Education Week;2/5/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p2
The article reports that the state-appointed administrator of the Richmond, California school district has issued a financial recovery program for the district. The plan requires the superintendent and the school board to develop a manageable budget for the school year and to inform employees of...
- Fitch Upgrades Missouri School Program to AA-Plus. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p2
The article reports on the upgrades on the rating of Missouri School District from AA to AA-plus by ratings agency Fitch Ratings Ltd.
- Fitch Drops Canton District. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/1/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33525, p9
The article reports on the decision of Fitch Ratings Ltd. to drop the unlimited-tax general obligation debt of Canton City School District to A from A-plus due to weak financial position and future financial challenges in Ohio.
- Wisconsin's Failure to Pass a Budget Threatens Upgrade Chances, S&P Says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p44
The article reports on the threat posed by the Wisconsin's Legislature's failure to pass a new biennial budget. The state is being threatened to win the chance of upgrading its AA-minus general obligation credit and poses a potential fiscal threat to local governments and school districts that...