Moody's Opens Boston Office With 4 Analysts for Northern New England
- Moody's Posts Record $313 Million in Second-Quarter Revenues. // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p30
Reports on the net income earned by Moody's Investors Services Inc., a rating agency, during the second quarter of 2003. Total revenues earned by the rating agency during 2003; Projected revenue of the rating agency for the year 2003.
- Colonie, N.Y., Debt Cut to A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p2
The article reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the multimillion-dollar in Series 2006 refunding serial bonds in Colonie, New York. It also downgraded the town's outstanding parity debt to A2 with a negative outlook from Aa3. The downgrade reflects an accumulated...
- Moody's Observes Link Between SGL And Long-Term Ratings. Ferguson, Joy // High Yield Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p2
Discusses the report of Moody's Investor Services Inc. which observed a link between its relatively new speculative-grade liquidity ratings product (SGL) and long-term credit ratings. Nature of SGL; Companies that have sported a good liquidity ratings; Companies with adequate or weak liquidity.
- Moody's Reviews Methodology For Spec-Grade Liquidity Ratings. // High Yield Report;5/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p9
Reports on the issuance of a report by Moody's Investors Service Inc. that reviews its methodology and explains how these ratings can be used to understand the liquidity pressures that a defaulting issuer faces. Aim of the issuance of ratings to give the marketplace a benchmark to gauge an...
- Moody's to boost its servicer ratings group this year. McGeer, Bonnie // Asset Securitization Report;1/30/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p9
The article discusses plans of Moody's Investor Service Inc. to expand its servicer ratings group with the boost in the number of companies it covers in the United States. The company is likewise making an attempt to distinguish its servicer ratings from the competition with an excellent...
- Rating Agencies Strive for Clarity in Soured Market. G. S. // Asset Securitization Report;10/1/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p16
The article focuses on the move of rating agencies to clarify issues regarding their improved ratings in the U.S. It is noted that Moody's Investor Service Inc. released an update on its assumptions for rating new structured finance collateralized debt obligations (CDOs). In fact, some rating...
- Moody's Raises Alabama to Aa2, Citing Financial Management. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p1
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating it assigns Alabama to Aa2 from Aa3. Grounds for the upgrade in the state's rating; Statement of rating analyst Edward Hampton regarding the state's financial management practices; Financial performance of the state of Alabama.
- Moody's Places Liberty Mutual On Review For Possible Downgrade; LMG Rejects Decision. // Insurance Advocate;8/23/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 28, p32
This article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has placed the long-term ratings of Liberty Mutual Group Inc. and its subsidiaries on review for possible downgrade. Moody's stated that the long-term ratings of Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and supported affiliates have also been...
- Moody's Drops Radian Asset Assurance to Bal From A3. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;3/16/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33080, p6
The article reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to downgrade Radian Asset Assurance Inc. to Ba1 from A3 in the U.S. It states that the downgrade of Radian Asset reflects the substantial deterioration in the credit profile of Radian Guaranty, the group's main mortgage insurance...