Virginia Lawmakers OK $10.6M of Debt for Colleges
- Virginia Lawmakers OK $1.4 Billion Bond Package for Colleges, Parks. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;4/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32865, p32
The article reports on the $1.4 billion bond package passed by the Virginia General Assembly for construction projects for the state's colleges, parks, and mental health facilities. Approximately $1.02 billion of the bonds are to be issued by the Virginia College Building Authority for higher...
- Virginia Gov. Warner Considering $225M Bond Bill for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p9
Reports on the approval of bill authorizing the sale of a tax-exempt general obligation bonds by the Virginia General Assembly in Virginia. Use of such bonds to finance universities and colleges facilities and construction of student housing at George Mason University; Support given to the...
- Virginia Passes Mid-Biennial Budge With No New Bonding. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p4
Reports on the approval of the 2005-2006 mid-biennium budget by the Virginia General Assembly. Amount allocated for one-time funding for transportation projects; Sources of some of the funding; Authorization granted for the state to issue revenue bonds for colleges and universities.
- Get With the Economy. // Community College Week;12/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the plan of North Carolina Center for Applied Textile Technology in Belmont to lobby state lawmakers into keeping its annual funding budget and new building despite dwindling enrollments in 2003. Budget for the community college; Effort of Edgecombe Community College to adapt...
- ILLINOIS: Universities Face Pressure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33376, p7
The article reports that public universities receive all or most of their fiscal state aid appropriations for 2010 but they face liquidity problems in Illinois.
- University capital grants halved. Carpenter, Jamie // Regeneration & Renewal;1/18/2010, p5
The article reports on the government's plan to reduce the amount of grant funding for building university facilities in Great Britain.
- Round one at the U of A. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/21/94, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p30
Says the 21% cut by Advanced Education Minister Jack Ady will cost the University of Alberta $53.2 million annually by 1996-97. University proposal to cut $12 million; Bite out of the Faculty of Education will be $5 million over three years, 25% of its budget; University plans to change the...
- Judge Chucks Ore. College's Funding Suit. // Community College Week;12/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the decision of Marion County, Oregon Judge Richard Barber to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Central Oregon Community College that was intended to prompt a re-examination of how dollars are distributed to the state's community colleges. Arguments raised in the lawsuit; Action taken by...
- Flush-for the Moment. T. G. // ASEE Prism;Apr2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that various publicly funded colleges and universities got a big fiscal boost in the 2007-2008 budget year in the U.S. The figures come from Illinois State University's Grapevine Project, which provides an annual compilation of state funding for higher education. Of the 50...