Miami-Dade Manager Supports Bond-Funded Ballpark Proposal
- Miami Ballpark Plan Faces Sales Tax Hurdle in State Senate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p48
Reports on the legislative battle for the bond-financing plan of the proposed ballpark of the Florida Marlins baseball team in Miami, Florida. Stand of Senate leaders on the issue; Amount allocated for the project under the House bill; Expectation of Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez for...
- With Progress on Miami Ballpark Slow, Marlins Look to Las Vegas. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p35
Reports on the plan of the Florida Marlins baseball team to move the proposed stadium project to Las Vegas, Nevada. Impetus of the move; Problems with the finance plan; Contribution of the team to the project.
- Cubs Play Bond-Boosters. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/31/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33375, p7
The article reports on the plans of Chicago Cubs to conduct a financial campaign to build a new athletic complex known as Wrigleyville West to keep the team's spring training operations in Mesa, Arizona.
- New Jersey. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p30
Presents news items about public finance in New Jersey. Agreement by Somerset County officials to sell $15 million of bonds to finance the construction of a baseball stadium in Bridgewater; Floatation of Monmouth County's general obligation issue.
- Deflated: Anaheim Angels Ditch Goodyear, Ariz., for Tempe Facility. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p32
Reports on Goodyear, Arizona officials' need to find a new purpose for a voter-authorized debt after the decision of Major League Baseball's Anaheim Angels team to continue its spring training in Tempe. Total amount of the voter-authorized debt; Tempe City Council's approval of an agreement with...
- Minneapolis renews efforts to build new stadium for Twins. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p7
Reports on the agreement between Minneapolis and Hennepin County, Minnesota, that include a countywide sales tax to help finance a stadium for the Minnesota Twins baseball team and other sports facilities in Minneapolis. Estimates on the revenue which may be generated from the sales tax; Other...
- Milwaukee plans to borrow funds to cover its share of Brewers stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p44
Reports that the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin will borrow about $6 million to pay part of its $18 million bill for infrastructure at the new Brewers' ballpark. Borrowing authorized in the 1999 budget; Issuance of general obligation bonds; Payee for Milwaukee Brewers baseball team's $15-million...
- Miami Ballpark Gets Nod. Sigo, Shell // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Miami-Dade County commissioners on the plan to construct a big bond-finance baseball stadium for the Florida Marlins in Florida. The 9-to-4 vote sanctioning the deal to build the baseball stadium came after nine hours of debate and public testimony...
- FLORIDA: Sarasota Seeks Tax Hike. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p9
The article reports on the request made of Sarasota, Florida, voters to increase their taxes to secure funding for the Major League Baseball's Cincinnati Reds training facility. Over $16 million of general obligation bonds are needed to help finance a $54 million makeover of the facility. If...