- Steady Decline in Unemployment Rates Throughout Alaska and the United States JANUARY 2003 TO JANUARY 2004. Roesler, Heidi Brague // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2004, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p111
Reports that the unemployment rates throughout Alaska and the United States have steadily declined between January 2003 and January 2004. Alaska rate of 8.9 percent from 9.7 percent; Anchorage's six percent from 6.5 percent; Fairbanks' eight percent from 8.9 percent; Southeast Alaska's 11.3...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of September 2002. Application for state unemployment benefit; Decision of Federal Open Market Committee on federal fund rate; Sales of single-family home.
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, July 2000. // Employment & Earnings;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p1
Provides information on employment and unemployment developments in the United States as of July 2000. Decrease of total nonfarm payroll employment; Increase of unemployment rates for teenagers; Total employment and labor force; Industry payroll employment; Average workweek for production or...
- A Note on Average Hourly Earnings in Aircraft (SIC 3721) and Guided Missiles and Space Vehicles (SIC 3761) Manufacturing. // Employment & Earnings;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p116
Presents a chart which illustrates the average found by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on the hourly earnings series for production workers in aircraft manufacturing and guided missiles and space vehicles manufacturing. Background on the Current Employment Statistics program; Statistics...
- Selected employment rates. // Economic Indicators;Oct93, p12
Presents selected unemployment rates in the United States. Unemployment rate for all workers; Unemployment rate by sex and age, race, and selected groups; Labor force time lost; Data gathered from the Bureau of Economic Analysis of the Department of Commerce.
- Nonagricultural employment. // Economic Indicators;Oct93, p14
Presents statistics on nonagricultural employment in the United States covering the period 1984 to 1994. Total nonagricultural employment; Goods-producing industries; Service producing industries; Data gathered from the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the Department of Labor.
- Indicators… at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;10/13/2009, p23
The article offers information on several indicators of business for year 2009 including decline in the starting wages of employees, decline in the vacancies and increase in the unemployment.
- San Juan County vital statistics. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p43
Presents economic statistics of San Juan County, New Mexico. Includes population for year 1998; Unemployment rate as of February 1999; Major employers in 1997.
- Pressing On With Privatisation. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Dec2003, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p6
The recent economic sluggishness of the eurozone has impacted on Slovenia, which has revised down its GDP growth forecast for 2003 and 2004 to 2.6% and 3.7%, from 3.1% and 3.9% respectively. Indeed, there was a 20% month-on-month slump in industrial production in August 2003, as well as a rise...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Decline of applicants for state unemployment benefits; Stability of the composite index of leading economic indicators; Decrease of the manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank.