AFGI: Bond Insurance Cost May Turn On FSA's Appeal of Ruling
- FSA says second quarter core income up 19.5%. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p32
Highlights the increase in the core net income of Financial Security Assurance in its fiscal second quarter 1998. Strong performance in the municipal market; Insurance of Long Island Power Authority's $3.4 billion municipal bond deal.
- FSA Holdings Reports $85M in Income, Boost in New Business. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32627, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings in the first quarter of 2007. The firm has posted $85.2 million of net income, down from what the company earned in the first quarter of 2006. According to the firm, the booming municipal bonds market,...
- S&P Downgrades Counterparty Rating of FSA Holdings. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/2/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32973, p24
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has rated AA-minus to the long-term counterparty credit ratings of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the U.S. The rating was based on the company's credit quality which suffered from exposure to the declining housing market of the...
- The trading floor. Sherman, Lynn; Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p25
Presents news briefs related to the securities industry in the United States, as of July 27, 1999. Includes Advest Inc.'s appointment of Joseph Blair as managing director and head of its public finance operation; Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.'s net income for the second quarter.
- FSA's McCarthy Named Chairman of AFGI. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p7
The article reports on the election of Sean W. McCarthy, president and chief operating officer of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., as chairman of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers (AFGI). The AFGI represents the insurers and reinsurers of municipal bonds and asset-backed...
- The trading floor. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p24
Presents municipal bond-related news items in the United States as of April 27, 1999. Includes Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.'s and John Nuveen Co.'s first quarter of 1999 earnings; American International Specialty Lines Insurance Co.'s foray into financial guaranty insurance.
- Burned Insurers Sue. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Financial Security Assurance (FSA) Inc. against underwriter Stephens Inc. and engineering firm Hayes, James and Associates Inc. for fraudulent disclosures. Reliance of FSA on information given by Stephens; Claim of FSA that Stephens had mislead information; Ruling...
- FSA Seeks Ruling Reversal, SEC's Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p1
The article reports on the urge of Financial Security Assurance Inc. for a federal appeals court to reconsider and ask the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to weigh in on a ruling that involves bond insurer Stephens Inc. for securities fraud. The bond insurer was alleged for bond-related...
- FSA premium income up. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p25
Reports on the increase of Financial Security Assurance's premium in the third quarter of 1999.