Don't give up your day job
- Bigger and better. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2001, Issue 5251, p12
Focuses on the expansion plan of Furniture Village in Great Britain. Strategy of David Imrie and Peter Harrison; Products of Furniture Village; Installment of radii software system.
- Retailers must stimulate the public-Imrie. // Cabinet Maker;01/12/2001, Issue 5220, p4
Presents the views of David Imrie of Furniture Village on the factors hampering the growth of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Call on retailers to create techniques that will attract customers; Advice on how to improve profitability; Pricing strategy; Provision of quality products.
- Upmarket test for Furniture Village. // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p5
Reports on the plan of Furniture Village to launch an upmarket store format in London, England. Basis of the concept of the new store; Statement of buying and merchandising director David Imrie on the significance of the launch to the company; Product ranges offered at the new store.
- Second FV2 for Furniture Village. // Cabinet Maker;4/21/2006, Issue 5484, p3
The article reports on the plan of Furniture Village to launch its second FV2 concession in Tunbridge Wells, England. The plan is part of the company's strategy to stretch the price architecture of the whole chain. David Imrie, company buying and merchandise director, asserted that the new...
- Safe crackers. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p22
The article focuses on the leather upholstery market with reference to brown color. The trend for brown color came after winning over black and cream colors. Steve Jenkins, managing director of Land of Leather believes that brown color seems to be practical and flexible as it adapts to any...
- Space craft. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p21
The article reports on the latest development revealed by Furniture Village in an FV2 format, a more contemporary mix of products in more floorspace in Southampton, England. According to David Imrie, buying and merchandising director, they can make more money by putting in different products...
- Surprise turnaround to summer sale slump. // Cabinet Maker;9/1/2006, Issue 5503, p4
The article reports that after a summer sales slump, consumers over the recent Bank Holiday have broken records for furniture retailers in Great Britain. According to David Imrie, Furniture Village buying and merchandising director, the holiday period was excellent with a significant lift in...
- LIFE BEGINS AT FORTY. Harrison, Peter // Cabinet Maker;8/23/2013, Issue 5850, p16
The article features Furniture Village store, focusing on its founders Peter Harrison and David Imrie, its management team and how the store has evolved and its use of the internet and expansion. It states that Harrison and Imrie established the store in 1989 to sell nice furniture to nice...
- Board appointment does not signal flotation, says FV. // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p3
Reports the appointment of Jim Hodkinson as non-executive chairman of Furniture Village. Career background of Hodkinson; Speculation on the preparation of Future Village for flotation; Opinion of chief executive Peter Harrison on the selection of Hodkinson.