First Direct to end credit operation
- Retailers expect branded furniture to fuel growth. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/13/98, Issue 5075, p3
Highlights the results of a survey on the views of furniture retailers in Great Britain on the growth of interest free credit (IFC). Difficulty of furniture stores to thrive without IFC; Indications of retailers' ability to reduce dependence on IFC; Retailers' expectations for a growth in...
- First Direct Corp. opening expanded East Fishkill sales & training facility. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the opening of First Direct Corp.'s sales and training center in Fishkill, New York this September 17, 1997. Amenities and services of the center.
- First Direct set to integrate online and offline tasks. // Marketing (00253650);8/31/2000, p3
Reports on First Direct Corp.'s integration of its brand communications and electronic marketing functions into one.
- First Direct repositions with new image to mark decade. Whitfield, Paul // Marketing (00253650);9/9/1999, p3
Reports on British bank First Direct Corp.'s brand repositioning in conjunction with its tenth anniversary celebration. Pioneering role in direct banking in Great Britain; Sponsorship deals with Odeon Cinemas and `The Guardian' newspaper.
- First Direct brings badly behaved robots to homepages. // Campaign (UK);11/1/2002, Issue 44, p7
Reports on First Direct Corp.'s launch of a digital campaign based on its television advertisements featuring entertainer Vic Reeves and a robot. Details about the campaign; Portals used for the campaign; Range of formats used for illustrating benefits of banking with First Direct over...
- IN BRIEF: Survey says consumers can't spot the difference. // Fund Strategy;9/21/2010, p8
The article reports on the First Direct survey which reveals that nine out of 10 consumers who are planning to take a mortgage in 2011 do not know the difference between that main types of mortgages.
- DIRECT CHOICE/FIRST DIRECT. // Marketing (00253650);5/3/2001, p15
Evaluates the direct marketing campaign launched by financial services firm First Direct in Great Britain.
- First Direct drafts in HSBC e-marketer to boost activity. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week;11/5/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p4
The article announces the appointment of experience e-banking marketer Paul Say as head of marketing at First Direct, which is an HSBC-owned bank.
- First Direct considers option of mobile online avatar. // New Media Age;2/13/2003, p7
Reports on the decision of First Direct, a telephone and Web bank, to extend the trial of its online avatar, as of February 2003. Information on the transactions of the bank through mobile telephones; Background on the launch of the avatar in January 2003.