- Traffic in the south tests `car is king' mentality. Nifong, Christina // Christian Science Monitor;7/8/97, Vol. 89 Issue 155, p4
Focuses on transportation problems in the southern United States in the late 1990s. The so-called Car is King mindset; Alternative transportation solutions including light rail and high-speed rail; Convincing people of the need for alternative transportation planning; What states are attempting...
- Feds indict 13 Philly inspectors. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the indictment of several plumbing inspectors by a federal grand jury in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Accusations against the city employees; Information on the indictment; List of contractors victimized by the plumbers.
- PUSHING UNDERGROUND. Estey, Myles // Makeshift;Winter2012, Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the ways of smuggling drugs to the southern U.S. and northern Mexico especially the use of underground tunnels. It informs that dozens of similar tunnels have been discovered in 2011 alone which represented a multi-million dollar underground drug networks. It further...
- DEMÄ°RYOLU VE KARAYOLU ULAÅžTIRMA SÄ°STEMLERÄ°NÄ°N EKONOMÄ°K ETKÄ°NLÄ°K ANALÄ°ZÄ°. KABASAKAL, Ali; SOLAK, Ali Osman // Anadolu University Journal of Social Sciences;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p123
Economic efficiency is one of the important factors in the selection of a transportation system. Because transportation services and investments are seen as a means of public service and social politics in many countries, economic efficiency criteria aren't taken into consideration in planning...
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p6
Presents tables of pending and approved bonds issued by Southeastern states. Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; expected sale date.
- Making Tracks. Barry, Tom // Georgia Trend;Mar2001, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p22
Features the high-speed rail proposal for the Southeastern United States region. Formation of the Southeastern Economic Alliance to generate business support for high-speed rail; Economic benefits; Major obstacles to a high-speed rail system; Competition from powerful highway lobby for federal...
- On track to meet tomorrow's needs. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;02/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30330, p20A
Reports on the major rail transportation projects in the Southeast. Railroad development and expansion in Atlanta, Georgia, under the Transit Oriented Development program; Commuter rail service planned between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana; Light-rail line proposed in West Virginia.
- Southeast. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p2A
Reports that some Southern states in the United States are planning to issue bonds backed by their respective tobacco settlements.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p8
A chart is presented showing bond issuance in the Southern States.