Bush's Proposed Cuts Put Amtrak on Moody's Watch List
- Saving Amtrak again. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/11/2005, Issue 323372, p22
Comments on the impact of the proposed 2006 budget of U.S. President George W. Bush which aims to reduce the funding on Amtrak, the country's passenger rail service, on the rail transportation in California. Need for the state to function with a reduced funding from the federal government;...
- BUDGET GAINS AND PAINS. // njbiz;2/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the impact of the federal budget proposal delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush on New Jersey as of February 2005. Amount of budget for construction at Fort Dix, McGuire Air Force Base and Naval Station in Lakehurst; Number of people employed in the Lakehurst station; Proposal...
- Bush Plan Has One Tax-Exempt Bond Proposal, for Schools. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p5
Reports the tax exempt bond proposal of President George Bush for schools in the United States. Creation of a housing tax credit program; Provision of incentives for private investors to construct or rehabilitate houses; Expectations on the tax credit plan.
- Top 10E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;1/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33034, p6
The article offers bond related news briefs in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service Inc. warns that the bad times will likely result in more rating downgrades for local governments because it will be deeper and longer lasting. State and local housing finance agencies were ready to jump into the...
- Senators Bond, Mikulski Blast Bush HUD Budget Blueprint. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p4
No abstract available.
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives Requesting Additional Emergency FY 2005 Supplemental Funds. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/12/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p1361
Presents the text of a letter sent by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives regarding additional emergency supplement funds on September 7, 2005. Provisions of the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act to Meet Immediate Needs Arising From the...
- PRESIDENT RELEASES FY 2007 BUDGETâ€¦. // NCADD Washington Report;Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
This article focuses on the release of the financial year 2007 budget by U.S. President George W. Bush. The budget includes $12.3 million cut in funding for center for Substance Abuse Prevention to $180.6 million, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment would receive $175.4, decrease of $23.5...
- Remarks to the Chamber of Commerce in Portland. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/26/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p495
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush on March 23, 2001 which deals with the national budget.
- Memorandum on Transfer of Funds Appropriated to the President Under the Heading Operating Expenses of the Coalition Provisional Authority, and Delegation of the Functions of the President Under the Heading Iraq Relief and Reconstruction Fund, in the... Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/15/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p1766
Presents the text of a memorandum issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 5, 2003, which deals with the transfer of funds appropriated to the President under the Heading Operating Expenses of the Coalition Provisional Authority in 2004.