Munis Climb With Support From Treasuries; New Deals See Demand
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of Shrinking New Issue Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
Municipal bonds were stronger in early action, according to traders, with yields on some maturities weakening by as much as five basis points.
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of $2.1B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
Municipal bonds were stronger at mid-session, according to traders, as yields on some top-shelf maturities weakened by as much as five basis points.
- Friday's Data. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 101 4/32 to yield 2.12, up 10/3230-year: 102 21/32 to yield 2.87, up 23/32 Municipal BondIndex 127 8/32, up 12/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 12/14) Total: $4.323 billion, up $430.2 millionCompetitive: $1.369 billion, up $723.7...
- Munis Weaken, Down 5-6 Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/22/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33046, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond markets as of January 21, 2009 in the U.S. The municipal market was weaker compared with the previous day. A trader in Los Angeles said that municipal bonds were pretty much just picking up where they left off yesterday. In addition,...
- Chapter Thirteen: BONDS ONLINE. // Fell's Official Know-It-All Guide: Online Investing;2002, p101
The article presents information related to bonds being traded online in the United States. Bonds can be viewed as the opposite of stock. A stockholder owns a small part of a corporation. A bondholder lends money to a corporation or government. Bonds fall into three main categories. These are...
- Munis Steady Despite Flurry in Primary. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;8/22/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33769, p2
The article reports that U.S. traders are reluctant to buy the municipal bonds (munis) even after the bonds witnessed an increase in return on investment and reduction in the price. It states that the U.S. traders are awaiting the munis to become cheaper. Analysts from Trident Municipal Research...
- Munis Firm a Bit; Retail Makes a Shy Appearance. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;9/8/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33579, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in September 2011. It mentions that retail investors are more confident on the trend of the business in the said month due to the improvement of yields. It notes that the country's 30-year securities yield increased by...
- Munis Rally as Treasuries Surge and Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/7/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34440, p1
Municipals were stronger at mid-session, according to traders, with yields on some top-quality maturities weakening by as much as six basis points.
- Report Urges Capping Munis, Adding BABs. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/2/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33509, p1
The article reports on the possibility for investors and issuers to wean off the municipal market and gear towards a Build America Bond (BAB) market in the U.S. According to a report authored by Jordan Eizenga and Seth Hanlon, BABs are better product compared to tax-exempt bonds, based on the...