Chicago Council OKs $500M Deal After Latino Firm Invited on Board
- Chicago City Council OKs Mayor's $5.1 Billion Budget for 2005. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p3
The article gives information about the Chicago City Council, which has approved a $5.1 billion budget for 2005 that dips into proceeds of the city's $1.8 billion privatization of the Chicago Skyway toll road and raises the city's sales tax along with a handful of other taxes and fees to wipe...
- City and colleges reach dorm deal. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p4
Reports the deal to build a student housing complex by the government officials in Chicago, Illinois. Approval of the agreement by the Community Development Commission and the City Council; Schedule of the construction; Facilities of the project.
- Chicago Passes Budget That Punts on Pensions. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;11/20/2014, p1
The Chicago City Council adopted Mayor Rahm Emanuel's $7.3 billion 2015 budget, pushing off a fix for a pension-related fiscal cliff until after next year's municipal elections.
- Time for City Council to finally clean up its act. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Comments on the scandals facing the Chicago City Council, in relation to the investigation of United States Attorney James Burns. Response of Mayor Richard Daley; Proposals of the Mayor to the City Council to appoint its own inspector general.
- Business neglects council races at its own peril. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p16
The article comments on the city council elections in Chicago, Illinois, and the need for business groups to support candidates who will help promote business in the city.
- Chicago Orders Bank Upkeep of Vacancies. Berry, Kate // American Banker;9/12/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 140, p6
The reports Chicago, Illinois' City Council is proposing an ordinance that requires mortgage servicers, banks, and institutional investors to maintain vacant homes and properties until the foreclosures are completed.
- City Council Passes Ordinance to Merge City, County Workforce Development Program. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;6/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
The article focuses on the approval of the collaboration between the City of Chicago and Cook County in Illinois by the Chicago City Council to create the Chicago-Cook Workforce Partnership, allowing residents to train and apply for jobs regardless of geographical boundaries.
- Chicago City Council. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;08/04/97, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p42
Reports that the Chicago City Council has approved an administration ethics reform package. Approval of an ordinance to provide an Ethics Board subpoena power to investigate and fine aldermen in Chicago.
- Chicago's New CFO Levenson Aims to Hold Rating Steady. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31966, p4
This article reports that Chicago's new chief financial officer, former corporate banker Dana Levenson, aims to hold rating steady. He said that preventing a downgrade in the city's bond rating in the near-term is a priority as the finance team he now leads grapples with a $220 million deficit...