INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: REAL ESTATE
- Two Newcomers Move Up the Charts. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 337, p13
The article reports on the entry of Two Sigma Securities, the broker-dealer unit of quantitative hedge fund Two Sigma Investments, and investment banking company Goldman Sachs into the wholesaling business. Topics discussed include the growth of the companies' share of retail brokerage orders,...
- Goldman Sachs Earnings Top Consensus. // American Banker;9/20/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 181, p32
Reports on third-quarter results from Goldman Sachs Group which beat First Call/Thomson Financial estimates by $1.51 a share. Core earnings; How overall revenue contributed to the results; Plans by the firm to increase its head count by 20 percent.
- IPO Again. // Crain's New York Business;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p34
Reports that Goldman Sachs Group LP's partners has voted to convert the investment bank into a public company. Plans of the company in using proceeds from its initial public offering; Ranking of the company as a securities firm in the United States.
- Goldman Sachs to hike Utah workforce to 700 during next three years. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/16/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the plans of Goldman Sachs, an investment banking, securities and investment management firm based in New York City, to grow its workforce in Salt Lake City, Utah. The firm wants its Salt Lake City workforce to grow from 350 to more than 700 during the next three years. A...
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Goldman Sachs Group SWOT Analysis;9/ 1/2014, p1
A business analysis of Goldman Sachs Group Inc., a global investment banking, securities and investment management firm, is presented, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced. Strengths include its leading position in the global banking and capital markets...
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. // Automotive News Europe;12/11/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 25, Special Section p14
The article features Goldman Sachs & Co., which provides investment banking, securities and investment management services. Its areas of expertise include mergers, strategic advisory assignments, corporate and asset-level finance and asset sales. Its commercial mortgage origination and...
- FOR THE PRIZE. Celarier, Michelle // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p38
Features Goldman Sachs, an investment bank and "Investment Dealers' Digest" (IDD) Bank of the Year. Trading and investment banking performance in 2003; Company's dominance in global equities underwriting and merger and acquisition advisory; Management reform in the company.
- Goldman Seeks Transition Chief. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 30, p4
Reports that investment bank Goldman Sachs & Co. is hunting for a chief to head the firm's transition management division in the U.S. Resignation of former head Kristi Mitchem to head transition services for Barclays Global Investors; Increase in competition for transition management, which has...
- BUST UP THE BANKS. Roubini, Nouriel; Mihm, Stephen // Newsweek;5/17/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 20, p42
The authors present what they believe needs to be done to fix the U.S. financial system. In their view, large banks should be broken up. The size of Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and others, they argue, makes them too big to be effectively managed. They also believe certain barriers...