'No Sale' for Street On Most Retail Deals
- Investment Banking 101. King, Gene // South Carolina Business;Oct2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the strategies that need to be considered by business enterprises in hiring for an investment banker in South Carolina. These include evaluating the size of the transaction to efficiently manage costs, organize a meeting with the investment banking team and conducting an...
- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p19
Presents charts that presents data on investment banking in the U.S. Monthly global volume merger and acquisition as of March 21, 2005; Merger and acquisition activity as of March 21, 2005; Global target volume by selected industry as of March 21, 2005; European target volume of selected...
- Choice of investment banker and shareholders' wealth of firms involved in acquisitions. Bowers, Helen M.; Miller, Robert E. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Winter1990, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on choice of investment banker and shareholders' wealth of firms involved in acquisitions. The value of the investment-banking function, when applied to corporate acquisitions, has become a topic of interest to all participants in the financial community. Corporate managers...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/16/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p38
Presents an overview of investment banking in the financial-industrial group market in the U.S. and the international market compiled as of May 2005. Global debt and equity deals; Corporate mergers and acquisitions' advisers; Underwriting volume.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p21
Examines merger and acquisition activity in the investment banking sector as of September 26, 2005. Global target merger and acquisition adviser rankings; Global cross border merger and acquisition rankings; Global target volume by selected industry.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p19
The article presents statistical information of the U.S. investment banking sector. The information includes mergers and acquisitions activity as of February 2, 3005, global target mergers and acquisitions adviser rankings as of February 14, 2005, recently announced global mergers and...
- Why Investment Bankers Are Adding Critical Skills for M&A Clients. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p25
Presents a roundtable discussion on the increasing number of skills and services that merger-and-acquisition (M&A) clients demand from their investment bankers. Examples of additional services provided by investment bankers; Proposed ban on pooling of interest accounting; Deal valuation...
- Placement-agent ban would harm pension funds. Travaglini, Michael // Pensions & Investments;11/16/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p12
In this article, the author comments on whether banning placement agents would harm pension funds or not. He stated that imposing a ban on placement agents will be harmful as they are basically investment bankers for midsize money managers and part of major investment banks. He said that ban on...
- Scandal Scorecard. // Money Management Executive;3/15/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p14
Presents a list of investment firms whose practices are under investigation by various regulators.