Picking PIKs In Desperation
- Three Pa. Borrowers to Sell Nearly $2B. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p1
The article reports that three Pennsylvania borrowers is set to sell closely $2 billion of taxable and tax-exempt debt in three transactions. In December 5, 2006, the state will sell $939.5 million of new and refunding general obligation bonds, while Commonwealth Financing Authority will sell...
- Call Options for BABs: Yea or Nay? Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;5/6/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33109, p1
The article reports on the benefit from selling Build America Bonds (BAB) by bond issuers and financial advisers in the U.S. They are boasting the savings through selling BABs, which were authorized through the enactment of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. This bill enabled issuers to...
- Mark Dampier's Fund Focus. // Money Marketing;6/28/2012, p32
The author discusses the views of Invesco Perpetual fund manager Paul Read about investments in bonds. He examines the beliefs of Read on the stability of the bond market, the reduction of risk assets by banks and the rehabilitation of financial institutions with the restructure of their balance...
- Underrated Morgan Stanley top buy among brokerages. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;12/6/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p4
The article reports that Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. has occupied its customary perch as one of the kingpins of the investment banking hill. This year, it ranks No. 1 in taking companies public, No. 2 in mergers and acquisitions and No. 3 in selling bonds. Bernstein analysts expect bond revenues...
- High quality and high yields prove to be irresistible. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports on financial brokers' call for investors to take advantage of the combination of high quality and high yields in the bond market. Prudential Securities Inc. first vice president of investments Helen Rothlein's experience with buying New York bonds whose value decline due to the increase...
- MARKET BUZZ. // High Yield Report;7/7/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Presents a chart of high yield bond figures, and news briefs related to European bond deals as of June 25, 2003. Top bond gainers and losers; Move of Teksid sPa to sell its high yield bonds in the U.S.; Details on the subordinated debt available from Focus Wickes.
- Israel Bonds hit record $1 billion. // Southern Jewish Life;Dec2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p19
The article reports on the record-breaking 2013 sales of the annual Israel Bond investments in the U.S. domestic market and it is anticipated that the domestic investments in Israel Bonds will surpass the market expectations.
- New York, Virginia Issuers Plan Several Sizable Offerings. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p7
The article reports on the anticipated bond issuance of New York City and Virginia. New York City will offer its $850 million general obligation refunding to individual investors. The portfolio consists of fiscal 2007 Series A and Series B. Meanwhile, the Virginia Housing Development Authority...
- Where bonds are headed--and why you need to go there. Begany, Tim // Medical Economics;11/06/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p95
Focuses on the climate for bond investments in the United States, as of November 6, 2000. Prospects for growth in the bond market; Reasons for investing in bonds; Steps in buying bonds; Types of bond and bond funds. INSETS: Individual bonds or bond funds?;Bond types, and how to buy them..