Net Insight Seeks Stateside Channels
- Pop, Culture, No TV: NBCU Pulls the Plug on Trio. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;11/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 227, p1
The article reports on the plan of cable television network NBCU Cable to re-launch Q1 as broadband-only entity at Bravo.Com in the U.S. The network's rival Trio has licensed original content opposite to its television brand.
- PLAYGROUND SURREALISM: What does BBC3's animated ad say about the new channel? Poynour, Rick // Eye (0960779X);Spring2003, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p4
The article provides information about British Broadcasting Corp's (BBC) new digital channel for BBC3 in Great Britain. It states that the channel is accessible to viewers who has set-top boxes or cable. The idea of number three is that it connects every element on screen. According to Stuart...
- HBO enters a growing Korean cable market. Alford, Christopher // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the resurgence of the cable television industry in South Korea after the country's economic crisis in 1998. Launching of HBO Korea on October 2, 2000; Limitation on foreign investment in broadcasting; Penetration rates of cable televisions in affluent areas.
- Our Town. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p34
Emphasizes the advantages of regional cable news networks over local cable news networks. Proof that the demand for regional cable news network is growing; Overview of the situation at New York 1 News cable network; Discussion and analysis of the trend.
- Station Problems for Azteca. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the series of distribution setbacks encountered by Azteca America, a Hispanic television (TV) broadcast network, that could delay the network from getting on the air. Information on Azteca's agreement to acquire KXTX-TV in Dallas, Texas; Impact of Univision's acquisition of TV outlets...
- MSNBC picks Net Insight DTM. // TVB Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p31
Reveals that cable broadcaster, MSNBC will be the first U.S. television company to use Net Insights's media network solutions. Background of the agreement between MSNBC and Net Insight's U.S. partner Qmedia; Features of the media network solutions.
- Q2: A lifestyle alternative. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/3/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 23, p16
Reports on cable network QVC's Q2 channel. Appointment of Candice Carpenter as Q2 president; Show categories; Lifestyle underpinnings; Fashion as strong element; Replacement of The QVC Fashion Channel; Expansion of base of viewers; Range of price points.
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR8
Reports on the competition between cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic USA, which target Web-savvy viewers. Details on the program lineup of MuchMusic; Information on MTV2 show `Control Freak'; Comparison of the number of households reached by the networks.
- TCI restores VH1, MTV. Bambarger, Bradley // Billboard;02/01/97, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p84
Reports that cable television provider Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) bowed to pressure and decided to return cable music channels VH1 and MTV to the air in Denver, Colorado and other markets. Background on TCI's pulling of the stations in December 1996; Protests from Viacom, artists and...