- NBC Eyes An Island Import. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of NBC Universal to use programming from its Telemundo TV station in Puerto Rico to create a Spanish-language cable network in the U.S. in 2004. Popularity of the WKAQ-TV, the station targeted by NBC for the plan, in the state; Reaction of David Zaslav, president of NBC...
- Stations Aren't All Demanding Cash. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p4
Focuses on the implications of the U.S. government's retransmission consent under federal regulations for local television stations and cable operators. Compensation provided by operators for local stations who intend to carry their multicast programming; Issues surrounding the broadcasting...
- Still Strutting After All These Years. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 50, p20
Provides information on the top cable television networks in the U.S. based on the posted revenues in 2004. NBC; QVC; HBO.
- Chasing Reality's Back-End Value. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;8/9/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p4
Analyzes the attempts of several television networks to earn back-end revenues from their reality television programs shown in the U.S. Reasons behind the plan of cable network 24-7 to acquire unedited and unaired footage of reality television programs according to CEO and co-founder Larry...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p15
Presents updates on the cable television networks market in North Carolina as of December 6, 2004. Television revenue rank; Top commercial television stations; Number of alternative delivery systems subscribers.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the programming of some cable networks in the U.S. as of February 2006.
- VH1 Classic Adds Box Sets. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the efforts by the VH1 Classic cable network to boost its audience with longer form programming. Launching of the network's vintage music series, including "Yo MTV Raps" and "Pop Up Video," in the third quarter of 2005; Plan by the network to air programming blocks or box sets around...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the programming of some cable television stations in the U.S. in April 2006.
- MTV Doings. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the programming of cable networks MTV, MTV2, and MTVU in the U.S. in April 2006.