- NBCU Offers VOD Content for Cable. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the talks made by NBC Universal with cable operators about deploying a video-on-demand (VOD) offering. NBC shows that are likely to be included in the offering; Reason for the significance of the progress of NBC Universal in VOD; Explanation on why content owners are adamant they be...
- Pic nets tout personality. Dempsey, John // Variety;12/11/95 Television, Vol. 361 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the branding or identity building efforts of cable television networks which make their programming lineups around movies. Success of HBO and AMC in carving out brand messages; Branding strategies of other cable television networks, such as Showtime and Starz.
- Putting HBO on the TV movie map. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p25
Traces various stages by which the cable television channel Home Box Office (HBO) has become a movie channel. Various movies broadcast on the channel; Comparison in HBO movies and theatrical films.
- Cable movie wars heat up. Burgi, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;11/7/94, Vol. 44 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the competition between the movie channels of cable television networks. Competition between FXM, Turner Classic Movies and American Movie Classics (AMC); Number of subscribers; Potential outcome of the competition; Advantages claimed by Turner and AMC.
- B'busters get double teamed. Dempsey, John // Variety;12/07/98, Vol. 373 Issue 4, p9
Details the growing number of alliances among cable television (TV) film buyers and television networks. Factors that triggered the alliances; Strategic move made by Fox network and FX cabler; Partnership between Warner Bros., New Line and Turner's TBS and TNT.
- Originals drive networks' brand. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p16
Reports on cable television networks' original movie offerings in the United States. Strengthening of a brand identity; Price tags for original motion pictures.
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 209, p3
Focuses on the additional motion pictures to be made available by Comcast to its video-on-demand service in the U.S.
- Starz Nabs Yari Films. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Magazine;1/21/2007, p9
The article reports that the company Starz Entertainment has sealed an exclusive five-picture deal with independent film producer Bob Yari. The films will be shown on the Starz's cabel channels as well as its subscription Internet video-on-demand service Vongo. The films secured by the company...
- ITV revives scheme for peaktime films. Bentley, Stephanie // Marketing Week;4/8/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p16
Discloses plans of ITV to revive its ITV Film Initiative project. Partnership of ITV with Granada Film in the production of movies to be shows in television; Summary outline of premiere offer `Girls' Night'; Reaction of cynics; Future plans.