VOD's Mystery Numbers
- Demanding Need: Ratings, Soon. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the move of cable television (TV) operators in the U.S. to measure and verify advertising viewership in video-on-demand (VOD) programming. Plan of reconciling VOD viewership with linear viewership; Information on the state of linear TV ratings; Increase in the usage of Cartoon...
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p38
Presents several charts of basic cable television advertisement-supported programming in the U.S. for the week of May 5 to 11, 2003.
- VOD Sermon: Ad Exec Lays It on the Line. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p57
Discusses the factors to be considered in developing a significant video-on-demand (VOD) advertising business. Benefits of cable television companies from the employment of VOD business; Impact of the advertising practice on cable television viewers; Reaction of the advertising community to VOD...
- Weighing the great divide in television. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;5/20/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 32, p2
The article offers the author's insight regarding the rivalry of broadcast television and cable television in the U.S. Peter Rice of Fox Entertainment touts broadcast television as the dominant one in the country. He also cites the advertising campaign of cable television Turner Entertainment...
- 96% of cable HHs are reached by ad-supported cable weekly. // Advertising Age;2/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 9, special section pC-3
Presents a graphical representation of U.S. households with cable television that were reached by advertising-supported cable weekly from 1985 to 1993.
- TV Spending Forecast to Climb by 17%. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p30
Presents a forecast by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC on advertising spending in the television distribution market in the U.S. from 2004 to 2008. Increase in shares of direct-broadcast satellite providers and wireline video providers in the multichannel video market; Percentage of increase in...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p54
Presents the highlights from the August 2005 subscription video-on-demand offerings from various cable television networks in the U.S. Movies to be aired by Home Box Office; Television series from Showtime; Shows on Starz on Demand.
- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.
- Interactive TV's rough road. Kelly, Lindsey // Advertising Age;3/13/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 11, pS-12
The article focuses on the interactive television industry in the U.S. Cablevision plans to start limited commercial deployment of enhanced pay-per-view services to about 20,000 customers in the Long Island area in New York. The results of this deployment will deter- mine whether the company...