Cox Steps on Gas With VOD
- IPGs to lead viewers through VOD maze. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on the importance of on-screen guides to the success of interactive television in the U.S. Expansion of video-on-demand space; Provision of video server equipment to designing advanced onscreen imagery; Effectiveness of on-screen advertisements.
- New direction. Haley, Kathy; Bowser, Andrew; Plume, Janet; Karrfalt, Wayne; Waldman, Alan // Broadcasting & Cable;09/06/99, Vol. 129 Issue 37, p18
Focuses on developments related to interactive television in the United States as of September 6, 1999. Revenue projections for the industry; Internet-on-TV; Personal television; Program guides; Enhanced television; Video-on-demand; List of interactive television companies.
- Taking the guided tour. Lafferty, Michael // CED;May2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on the complications resulting from the integration of EPG/IPG with interactive television in the U.S. Introduction of video-on-demand services; Technical challenges of loading thin-client boxes; Need of enhancing the core video business.
- VIDEO-ON-DEMAND HINGES ON INTEGRATION. Sims, David // IEEE Software;Nov94, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p102
Focuses on the video-on-demand service. Benefits from the service; Factors considered in providing the service; Efforts of software companies to meet the demand in interactive television; Estimated cost of installing an interactive television.
- I Just Want to Watch TV -- Really! Green, Bob // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p41
Explains the importance of video-on-demand (VOD), subscription video-on-demand (SVOD), interactive television (TV) and digital cable for customers. Difference between VOD and premium channels; Description of SVOD; Benefits of interactive TV.
- Online Holiday Sales Lift ITV Outlook. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;1/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the impact of television commerce on video-on-demand industry in the U.S. Forecast on the revenue of t-commerce; Accounts on the growth of online commerce; Implication of holiday sales for interactive television.
- VOD, interactive TV move to center stage. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Jun2000, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p108
Focuses on the impact of interactive television and video-on-demand services on customers in the United States. Definition and features of interactive TV; Components of VOD; Advantages and benefits of the services to customers.
- VOD: The gateway for entertainment? Wyatt, Simon // TVB Europe;Oct2000, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p55
Focuses on the application of video on demand (VOD) technology in interactive television. Reason for adopting the technology; Benefit of VOD; Companies using the technology.
- CableNET INTERACTIVE: IT'S iTV 1,2,3... Lafferty, Michael // CED;Nov2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p16
Previews some of the interactive television technologies that will be featured at the 2001 CableNET Interactive trade show in Anaheim, California. Video-on demand services; OpenTV's interactive television package; Home networking.