Alcatel Rolls Out Telco TV Software
- Your week: 19% television. wolchak, peter // Backbone;Nov/Dec2012, p8
The article reports that according to a study from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, in an average week in 2011, media consumption included 28.5 hours of watching television, 17.7 hours often listening to the radio, and 2.8 hours of watching Internet television.
- H1 Telekom IPTV now nationwide. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Feb2012, p7
The article reports on the announcement made by Croatian alternative telecommunications provider H1 Telekom that its Internet Protocol television (IPTV) service already has nationwide coverage.
- IPTV continues to defy economic gravity in Europe. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/21/2012, p12
The article reports that Internet Protocol television (IPTV) has been compensating European telecommunication companies for declining fixed line voice revenues as subscriber numbers and revenues increase.
- Co-ops gear up for IPTV launch. // Latin America Telecom;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p3
The article informs that Argentine telecom cooperatives have planned to launch the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) by the end of 2014, after getting authorization from the Federal Authority of Audiovisual Communication Services (AFSCA).
- Ten Argentine cooperatives to launch IPTV in H2- report. // Latin America Telecom;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article reports the launch of Internet Protocol television (IPTV) services by ten telecommunications cooperatives in Argentina's cities including Buenos Aires, Cordoba and Santa Fe in the second half of 2014.
- Learning curves. Stephen, Craig // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2007, p24
The article provides information on the operations of PCCW, a telecommunications company in Hong Kong, China. According to the article, PCCW recorded a significant subscriber milestone when it became the first Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) operator to surpass a cable TV provider in a major...
- On-demand control for IP video networks. // Telecom Asia;Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p34
The article introduces Redback Networks' NetOp Policy Manager 2.0. The computer software is a policy and service management software solution for telecommunication companies delivering applications such as on-demand video and broadcast Internet television services. The article describes the key...
- IPTV: Revolutionizing the TV industry. Newberry, Tom; Weber, Joseph // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2007, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p111
The article reports on the significance of IPTV in changing the business of television. IP forms the basis for command and control messages that allow consumers to select content and interact in a bidirectional manner with the service delivery system. IPTV works through several additional of...
- Optimizing Networks for IPTV. Larribeau, Bob // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p18
The article focuses on the issue of optimizing networks for IPTV. An IPTV network transmits only the channels the viewer is actually watching; it can offer an unlimited number of channels, while the number of channels that can be offered on a cable network is limited by the 850 MHz spectrum...