Local Efforts on Rainbow's Horizon
- Digital vision out of sight. // BRW;10/16/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p51
The article focuses on Seven Network and its series of presentations held for advertisers and media buyers of several regions in early October 2008. The presentations were conducted to promote its line-up of programs for 2009 and introduce Red, the networks' new division to sell advertising...
- LAST WORD. // B&T Weekly;2/8/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2597, p36
The article comments on several advertisements and television programs in Australia. It features the use of sock puppets to advertise products by the Networker and the advertising campaign in Melbourne Food and Wine Festival that Melbourne's longest cake is selling logo space by the meter to...
- B'casters Start Promoting Return of Prime-time Shows. Frutkin, A. J. // Adweek;3/17/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p7
The article describes the U.S. television networks' efforts following the 2007-2008 writers' strike to get their viewers back. Details of the programming promotions by NBC, Fox, CBS, and ABC are provided. Methods include show recaps, advertising during NCAA March Madness, and advertising in...
- CAB: Cable Ad Sales on Rise. // Multichannel News;12/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p28
The article reports on the 13% to 15% decline of year-over-year advertising sales for national cable networks in the U.S. in 2009. The Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) notes that the downturn is caused by the shift of advertisers to the scatter market in the fourth quarter of 2009....
- Olympics trigger early start to fall promo push. Levin, Gary // Variety;6/24/96, Vol. 363 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the promotional entertainment itinerary of television stations for the 1996 fall season. Impact of Olympics and high profile sports events; Use of pilot chips to introduce cast members and key relationships in series programs; Mechanics of day-and-date promotions; Concept advertising...
- Trio Buys Hour on KTLA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
Reports the purchase of television time by Trio cable channel in Los Angeles, California from KTLA-TV to showcase the network's programming in 2003.
- The Buzz. // Campaign;5/22/2015, p25
A review is offered of a television advertisement for the "Humans" television series of Channel 4 by advertising agency 4Creative.
- 7 agencies vie for Fit TV. Buyikian, Teresa; McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/19/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the selection of one New York City- and six Los Angeles, California-based agencies to compete for Fit TV's $10 million advertising account. Contenders for the account; Requirements for creative presentations to the Los Angeles, California-based channel; Fit TV's advertising plans.
- Cable Net gets serious. McCarthy, Michael; Edwards, Jim; Lucas, Sloane // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/20/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p4
Reports that cable television network Comedy Central has been in discussions with a number of advertising agencies about creative projects. Marketing plans; Singer Design's creation of a tune-in campaign consisting of print advertisements for the program `South Park'; Broadcast of spots from...