Dark Fiber Paves Ill. Net
- Broadband must be available in rural areas as well. // Electronics Weekly;11/27/2002, Issue 2078, p17
Presents information on the Broadband Stakeholder Group's second annual report presented to the British government regarding the need to increase broadband coverage in the country. Pledge of the government to provide broadband Internet access for different institutions; Estimated number of...
- BROADBAND FOR ALL. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;2/14/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the updated data of Pew Research, â€œThe Pew Internet and American Family Life Project,â€ regarding broadband economy in the Internet industry in the U.S. Increase in the number of home broadband adoption; Percentage of non-Internet users who looked to the television for...
- Holiday Week Serves Up Light Fare as Volume Dips to $911 Million. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;11/23/2014, p1
The article presents the forecast of New York traders on municipal deals during the week of the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. as of November 2014. Topics covered include the sale of Kentucky pollution control revenue (PCR) bonds, the association of the project of utilities firm Louisville Gas...
- Illinois lawmakers at the tollway gate: Financial peril? Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p3
Presents information on fears by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, that the cost of road projects could increase, if the agency does not remain autonomous from the General Assembly. Possible damage to the agency's credit rating; Legislation on the authority's budget; How can lawmakers...
- Pushing Data to the Enterprise. Shafer, Scott Tyler; Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;3/29/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p22
This article reports on the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association trade show held in March 2004. During the trade show, the attention centered on handsets and the extension of high-speed cellular networks that deliver data. These two movements are expected to make a significant...
- MAXIMIZING The Value of THE Pipe. McGuire, Kevin // Rural Telecommunications;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p26
The article talks about innovation and development of ways to increase pipe value with new services. It reports that in the recent National Telecommunications Cooperative Association Broadband and Internet Availability Survey, 100% of respondents offer broadband to some part of their service...
- Frank Rousseau. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p34
Reports that Frank Rousseau, Bolingbrook-based insurance broker, have ceased to do business with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Allegations made against the insurance broker; When is Rousseau's trial.
- Higher tolls? Fix system before asking for more. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p10
Suggests that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority should improve first its toll operations before requesting for repair funding from the state. Problems in the authority's accounting of toll change.
- Tollway Bonds on Tap for 2013 in lllinois. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;12/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33836, p1
The article informs that Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is planning to issue tollbacked bonds of one billion U.S. dollars in the year 2013.