Study Sees 'Troubling Outcomes' in Munis
- Upland farmers welcome change in attitude. Hunt, Jeremy // Farmers Weekly;3/18/2011, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p14
The article reports that upland farmers have welcomed the British government's renewed commitment to support the upland economy. The British government has announced the allocation of six million pounds for environmental funding and 20 million pounds for the development of broadband Internet in...
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;6/23/2009, p4
The article reports on the plans of Great Britain's government, to provide 2Mbps Internet broadband connections to every household in the country by the year 2012. It is reported that, the cost of doing so varies from Â£5.1 billion to Â£27 billion. It is reported that, although the...
- More cash for UK broadband. Riley, John // Computer Weekly;7/11/2002, p2
Reports the budget allocation for the broadband infrastructure in Great Britain.
- Drop in EU greenhouse gases. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;7/23/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p16
Presents an update on the condition of public utilities in Great Britain as of July 2004. Status of the emissions of greenhouse gases in European Union countries; Assessment on broadband French data; Expenditures of the British Competition Commission.
- USF targets ICT services to reach every nook and corner. // Flare (Pakistan);8/15/2011, p58
The article reports on the vital role played by the Universal Service Fund (USF) established by the Ministry of Information Technology in Pakistan. It states that the program supports and finances telecommunication services particularly in underserved areas in the country to provide basic...
- HOW TO WIN THE TELECOM MEGA-MERGER GAME. Brandel, Mary // Network World;10/17/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p44
This article deals with telecommunication firms that are capable of offering a broad range of services, from local and long-distance phone service to voice over Internet protocol networks, broadband Internet, wireless, cable television and satellite. Identifies the carriers' abilities to bundle...
- Assessment and recommendations. // OECD Economic Surveys: Luxembourg;Sep2003, p9
Presents an assessment and recommendations for the economy of Luxembourg in 2002. Challenges facing the economy; Need for improving the performance of the education system; Information on increasing public sector efficiency; Barriers to competition in the provision of broadband Internet services.
- Cable transformed. Dzuban, Mark // CED;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p17
The article focuses on the transformation of the cable industry with the helpfulness of the delivery of Internet protocol (IP)-based content to any device to revolutionize the way customers view the in-home experience in the U.S. The industry is pushing the networks to new limits, increase...
- ISPA to petition against price hike for BT IPStream. // New Media Age;8/19/2004, p3
The Internet Service Providers' Association (ISPA) will meet the British Office of Communications in August 2004 to petition against price changes to the firm Broadband Technologies' (BT) IPStream product. The wholesale price increases will take effect at the start of September 2004, applying to...