Sinclair, Comcast Parley
- Tracking Satellite HD Options. Elrich, David // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/5/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p92
The article reports on satellite high definition (HD) options offered by direct-to-home satellite TV suppliers as of January 2006. It was found that DirecTV aired more than 125 National Football League games in HD. The company also offer HD pay-per-view channel. Dish Network offers a low rate...
- What's going on with digital tevevision? Kidman, Angus // Australian NetGuide;Jun2009, Issue 133, p16
The article discusses the transition to digital television. The author informs that digital TV transmission allows transmission of better, clearer pictures and also allows for more efficient use of the transmission spectrum. It is stated that digital TV enables the sending of high-definition TV...
- COMCAST LAUNCHES XFINITY 3D. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;2/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that cable provider Comcast has launched the Xfinity 3D 24-hour channel in the U.S.
- Comcast Loses Video Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the loss of 135,000 video subscribers by Comcast Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2010 and 757,000 video subscribers for the entire fiscal year.
- A new ball game for CATV operators. Rickless, Steve // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov2000, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p51
Focuses on the impact of digital communications technology and the prospect of open access to cable television (CATV) operators in Europe. Advantages of the shift from analog to digital communications; Standardization of enabling products; Need of CATV operators to expand into new market areas;...
- Comcast systems test Web ordering. Umstead // Multichannel News;09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p42
Focuses on Comcast Corp.-affiliated systems' plan to offer customers the opportunity to order pay-per-view movies and events via the Internet. Partnership with orderpayperview.com of New Jersey; Development of a mechanism to allow subscribers to order pay-per-view programming.
- Snell. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p69
The article offers brief information on Integrated Content Engine (ICE) version 2.2 from Snell Group.
- Comcast Finds Search Button. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p34
The article reports on the launch of search television (TV) and video-on-demand (VOD) search functions by Comcast Corp. for the subscribers in Motorola markets with plans to bring the feature to its Cisco Systems Inc. footprint via a Tru2way-based guide in the first half of 2011.
- McAdams On: TV as We Know It. MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;4/2/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p6
The author discusses the trends in cable television (TV) and broadcasting, focusing on the decline in pay-TV and the rise of adoption of broadband services in the U.S., such as by telecommunication company Comcast Corp. with 20.7 million broadband subscribers.