Shell: Sony Gives Us an Edge
- MGM HD Signs Up Time Warner Cable. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the deal between MGM company and Time Warner Cable Inc. It says that Time Warner affiliation agreement comes on the heels of MGM High-Definition (HD) television securing carriage pacts with Comcast, the nation's largest cable company, and Dish Network. Features of MGM HD...
- TW, Peacock stalk Lion as MGM's back in play. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/7/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the effort of NBC and Time Warner to buy MGM in the U.S. Expiration of the exclusive negotiationg period between the Lion and would-be buyer Sony; Continuation of the negotiation of Lion with Sony; Negotiation of NBC and Time Warner to review sale documents.
- USA paying $150M for MGM shows. Stroud, Michael; Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/30/98, Vol. 128 Issue 13, p10
Looks at the deal involving USA Networks Incorporated and MGM, in which the network's Science-Fiction Channel plans to pay an estimated $150 million for a mix of off-net and first-run rights to MGM's programs. Terms of the deal; Indication that the deal will not affect MGM's existing...
- Lion connects with Via Digital. Guider, Elizabeth; Hopewell, John // Variety;07/20/98, Vol. 371 Issue 10, p26
Provides information on the agreement between MGM company and Via Digital television network. Terms under the agreement; Value of the deal.
- Showtime, MGM extend pact. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/06/97, Vol. 368 Issue 9, p41
Reports that Showtime extended its deal with Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), allowing the Viacom pay cabler to lock up the exclusive premium television window for all MGM theatricals through December 31, 2003.
- Television. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 35, p54
Focuses on developments related to television broadcasting in the United States, current as of April 3, 2001. Change in name of Odyssey cable network to the Hallmark Channel; NBC Enterprises' signing of a long-term international distribution deal with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
- The Cablers. Demspey, John; Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;01/10/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 8, p100
Presents articles pertaining to cable television in the United States. Plans of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer to create a minipay cable networks; Move of Chuck Dolan in buying a percentage stake of Wayne Huizinga's in SportsChannel Florida; Promotion of Pancho Mansfield as senior vice president of...
- Brits, MGM Bond. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;01/25/99, Vol. 373 Issue 10, p60
Reports that MGM's international television (TV) arm has inked a licensing deal for its movies with ITV and Channel Four. Price of the deal; Terms under the arrangement; Information on licensing in the United Kingdom market.
- Tennis Channel, anyone? Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 12, p16
Reports the partnership agreement between the Tennis Channel and the affiliate sales team of Comedy Central in the U.S. Negotiation on the system-level deals and marketing; Views of chief executive David Meister on the deal; Details on the distribution independents of Comedy Central.