- Ice machine maintenance. Murphy, Frank // Restaurant Hospitality;May97, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p154
Presents some ice machine maintenance tips. Cleaning and sanitizing; Cleaning out water-filtration-system filters; Preventing melted blocks of ice; Circuit breakers.
- Why flakers grind to a halt. Moore, Danny // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Mar95, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the design and maintenance of flakers in ice machines. Components of a flaker; Design of gear drive assembly, auger and bearing system; Causes of malfunction of flakers; Importance of preventative maintenance of flakers on ice machines.
- A summer reminder for ice machine care. Maxwell, Perry // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p12
Provides suggestions on how to care for ice machines. Need to clean the filter and condenser coil to provide proper airflow; Checking of the inlet water valve screen.
- Expedite your ice machine service call. Cantrell, Scott // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p18
Offers tips on how to expedite icemaker service calls. Observation of the installation and condition of the equipment; Checking of adequate clearance for flow; Importance of the refrigerant charge.
- Water quality for ice machines. Rosa, Frank // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/27/96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p21
Provides suggestions on how to correct water problems in ice machines. Effect of scale, corrosion and biological growths on the condenser; Factors affecting water supply problems; Need for an analysis of the water supply problem.
- Avoiding meltdown. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;12/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 18, p140
Discusses tips on maintaining ice making machines. Factors that reduce effectiveness; Cleaning needs; Purchasing decisions.
- Adjusting water valves. Guzman, Arnold; Stapleton, Bill // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Jul95, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p16
Presents a question and answer advisory on adjusting the spring measure on the water regulating valve of water-cooled Scotsman ice machines. Proper heat removal in the condenser; Maintenance of the proper head pressure needed for efficient system operation; Importance of a clean condenser and a...
- Under pressure: Clean your foodservice equipment with care. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;08/18/97, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p98
Discusses the maintenance and repair of food service equipment. Materials to be used; Factors contributing to damages to the equipment; Tips in cleaning and maintaining the equipment.
- Keeping cool under constant fire. Selwitz, Robert // Hotel & Motel Management;05/01/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 8, p34
Presents advice from major ice-machine manufacturers on how to maintain an ice machine at peak condition. Maintenance; Cleaning; Environmental awareness; Health concerns.