Going beyond burritos
- What is Mexican. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p147
Focuses on the influence of Mexican cuisine on Southwestern food. Usual ingredients on Mexican foods; How Mexican food can fit a healthy profile; Key to authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Today's 'comfort foods'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p120
Describes Mexican and Southwestern foods offered by food facilities at hospitals in the United States. Scratch-made enchiladas; Tortilla cheese soup; Chicken fajitas; Southwest casserole; Enchilada casserole; Burritos with refried beans and Mexican-style corn and Spanish rice; Taco salad bar...
- A 'melting pot' of taste. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p114
Reports on the popularity of Mexican and Southwestern foods in college food service facilities in the United States. Demand for chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tamales and enchiladas; Popularity of posole, salsa and Cajun food; Serving of Southwestern foods in catering events; Characteristics of...
- Breaking Barriers. Riell, Howard // Frozen Food Age;Oct2007, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p24
The article deals with the expansion of frozen Southwestern and Mexican foods in the U.S. market. Some of the factors driving the expansion include more acceptance by the general market and the increasing Hispanic population. Quesadillas are one of the items helping push the category forward,...
- HIGH 5. Lusted, Marcia Amidon // Faces;Apr2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, all located in the south western region of the U.S., which share several common traits but differ in certain ways. They all have extreme summers and winters. It is also home to some of the best food in the world, a result of the combinations...
- SOUTHWESTERN. // San Antonio Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p119
The article offers information on the restaurants and bars in San Antonio, Texas that serve Southwestern food including Boiler House Texas Grill and Wine Garden, Francesca's at Sunset, and Richter's Antler Cafe.
- BUNDLES OF JOY. // Austin Monthly;Dec2015, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p144
A recipe for chicken stew and southwestern U.S. traditional food for the Christmas, tamales is presented.
- LOS BILINGÃœES: THE NEXT GENERATION. Romero, Mary Ann // La Herencia;2001, Vol. 31, p53
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's food eating session with her best cook New Mexican grandmother.
- El Arco del Norte. Sánchez, Irene B. // La Herencia;2001, Vol. 31, p10
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's one month summer vacation learning the art of Southwestern cooking from her New Mexican grandmother.