Today's 'comfort foods'
- What is Mexican. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p147
Focuses on the influence of Mexican cuisine on Southwestern food. Usual ingredients on Mexican foods; How Mexican food can fit a healthy profile; Key to authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Going beyond burritos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p124
Reports on Mexican and Southwestern foods offered by food facilities in public schools in the United States. Names of Mexican and Southwestern foods offered; Names of schools with Mexican food items; Factors for the growing popularity of Mexican foods in schools; Preparations for Mexican foods....
- A 'melting pot' of taste. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p114
Reports on the popularity of Mexican and Southwestern foods in college food service facilities in the United States. Demand for chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tamales and enchiladas; Popularity of posole, salsa and Cajun food; Serving of Southwestern foods in catering events; Characteristics of...
- Breaking Barriers. Riell, Howard // Frozen Food Age;Oct2007, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p24
The article deals with the expansion of frozen Southwestern and Mexican foods in the U.S. market. Some of the factors driving the expansion include more acceptance by the general market and the increasing Hispanic population. Quesadillas are one of the items helping push the category forward,...
- HIGH 5. Lusted, Marcia Amidon // Faces;Apr2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, all located in the south western region of the U.S., which share several common traits but differ in certain ways. They all have extreme summers and winters. It is also home to some of the best food in the world, a result of the combinations...
- Mex `turns up the heat.' Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p148
Discusses Mexican/Southwest cuisine contributions on healthcare cafeteria menus in the United States. Mexican items at Elizabeth Medical Center of Boston in Massachusetts; Consumption of fajitas in the hospital's cafeteria; Profitability of Mexican foods. INSET: Mount Miguel Covenant...
- SOUTHWESTERN. // San Antonio Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p119
The article offers information on the restaurants and bars in San Antonio, Texas that serve Southwestern food including Boiler House Texas Grill and Wine Garden, Francesca's at Sunset, and Richter's Antler Cafe.
- BUNDLES OF JOY. // Austin Monthly;Dec2015, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p144
A recipe for chicken stew and southwestern U.S. traditional food for the Christmas, tamales is presented.
- Digging into diversity. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p80
Reports on the popularity of Hispanic or Mexican dishes in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the U.S. Preparation for migas; Recipe for Quick Skillet Quesadilla; Favorite Mexican dishes at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas.