A 'melting pot' of taste
- What is Mexican. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p147
Focuses on the influence of Mexican cuisine on Southwestern food. Usual ingredients on Mexican foods; How Mexican food can fit a healthy profile; Key to authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Today's 'comfort foods'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p120
Describes Mexican and Southwestern foods offered by food facilities at hospitals in the United States. Scratch-made enchiladas; Tortilla cheese soup; Chicken fajitas; Southwest casserole; Enchilada casserole; Burritos with refried beans and Mexican-style corn and Spanish rice; Taco salad bar...
- Going beyond burritos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p124
Reports on Mexican and Southwestern foods offered by food facilities in public schools in the United States. Names of Mexican and Southwestern foods offered; Names of schools with Mexican food items; Factors for the growing popularity of Mexican foods in schools; Preparations for Mexican foods....
- Breaking Barriers. Riell, Howard // Frozen Food Age;Oct2007, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p24
The article deals with the expansion of frozen Southwestern and Mexican foods in the U.S. market. Some of the factors driving the expansion include more acceptance by the general market and the increasing Hispanic population. Quesadillas are one of the items helping push the category forward,...
- Recipe corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p126
Presents recipes of Mexican foods offered at food facilities in public schools and universities in the United States. Includes El Paso Independent School's Mexican Rice; Volusia County Schools' Cafe Enchiladas; Yuma Regional Medical Center's Chicken Tortilla Soup; El Paso Independent School's...
- HIGH 5. Lusted, Marcia Amidon // Faces;Apr2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, all located in the south western region of the U.S., which share several common traits but differ in certain ways. They all have extreme summers and winters. It is also home to some of the best food in the world, a result of the combinations...
- Latin Finds East Coast Niche. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on Dartmouth College's Casa de Courtyard Cafe in Hanover, New Hampshire, which offers Mexican food. Number of people the foodcourt concept attracts everyday; Comments from Dave Newlove, associate director of dining services, for the new arrival on campus; Scope of Casa's menu.
- Puget Sound Reworks Cuisines. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington has revamped its two food stations to add more ethnic foods. Casa Ortega that formerly served standard Mexican fare, now offers a variety of Hispanic foods. The university has also overhauled its Italian station...
- SOUTHWESTERN. // San Antonio Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p119
The article offers information on the restaurants and bars in San Antonio, Texas that serve Southwestern food including Boiler House Texas Grill and Wine Garden, Francesca's at Sunset, and Richter's Antler Cafe.