Another menu mainstay
- Mexican and beyond. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p72
Reports on the popularity of Mexican and Hispanic dishes in the U.S. Dishes offered at cafeterias operated by Sodexho/Wood Dining Services for Air Products; Recipe for Turkey Wrap With Plantain Chips; Preparation for skirt steak with grilled cactus paddles.
- Mexican food consumption gains. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p5
Presents a chart on Mexican food consumption in American schools, hospitals and corporate dining facilities from 1993 to 1997. Rise in Mexican food consumption.
- Mex heats up. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p105
Reports on the increasing popularity of Mexican foods in non-commercial food facilities in the United States. Popularity of tacos, enchiladas and burritos; Percent of facilities offering salsa, hot sauces and fajitas; Mexican food offers at Patagonia in California, Saint Agnes Medical Center in...
- Fresh mex heats up. Bielski, Lauren // Restaurant Business;06/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the growth of the fresh Mexican food industry in the United States. Sales decreases for traditional Mexican food chains in 1997; Factors that influence market growth in the fresh food sector; Possibility of consolidation for traditional Mexican restaurants.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill set to open several Tarrant County locations. HOWE, ALESHIA // Fort Worth Business Press;5/17/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the expansion plans of Qdoba Mexican Grill in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in Texas for the next five years as of May 2010, which include 40 new locations. According to Qdoba executives, the reason behind the expansion is the demographically strong but underserved market in...
- CHICAGO MEXICANO. Tamarkin, David // Gourmet;Sep2007, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p108
The article reports on the Mexican dining establishments in Chicago, Illinois. According to the author, Chicago is probably the top city in the U.S. when it comes to Mexican dining. The author highlights some of the most popular Mexican eateries in Chicago, including La Pasadita, Bombon Bakery,...
- Mucho Munchies: Taco truck vendors fill cravings of Hispanic community in New Orleans. Brown, Kelly // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
The article discusses taco truck business in New Orleans, Louisiana. Taqueria Sanchez el Sabrosito is a family owned taco truck business that serves tacos, burritos, tostados, quesadillas and gorditas. Meanwhile, Chapparal Patio serve Hispanics, blacks, whites and everybody. It earns between...
- Chula Vista: Frida Rides Gourmet Menu to Ranch. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p17
The article reports on the opening of the Frida Mexican Cuisine gourmet restaurant at the Otay Ranch Town Center in Chula Vista, California on November 12, 2007. According to a press statement, Frida offers a menu that ranges from ancient Mayan to contemporary fare served in Mexico City. In...
- Epicurious Eating. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/29/2004, Issue 866, p106
Focuses on the San Diego, California restaurant Margarita's. Mexican themed menu; Interior decorations; Menu items; Recommended dishes.