Inflation dips 1.5%
- Food prices helped ease inflation during the third quarter of 1976. Nakayama, Toshiko; Monson, Paul // Monthly Labor Review;Dec76, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p40
Examines the impact of changes in U.S. food prices on inflation during the third quarter of 1976. Changes in selected components of consumer and wholesale price indexes from 1975 to 1976; Changes in wholesale and retail prices for consumer goods and services from 1975 to 1976; Unit labor and...
- Large supplies of meats, grains cut recent food price increases. Thomas, William; Wetmore, John; Clem, Andrew // Monthly Labor Review;Jan82, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p10
Discusses how food prices helped to hold down the overall rate of inflation in the United States during the first half of 1981. Effects of weather conditions and long-term production decisions in agricultural markets; Consumer Price Index (CPI) for food during the first six months of 1980.
- Rate of inflation eases in first quarter. Nakayama, Toshiko; Monson, Paul // Monthly Labor Review;Jun76, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the easing of the inflation rate in the United States during the beginning of 1976. Factors that caused the inflation rate to decline; Elements associated with the changes in the food prices; Products that experienced decline in prices.
- First-quarter food and fuel prices propel inflation rate to 5-year high. Howell, Craig; Thomas, William; Lamb, Eddie // Monthly Labor Review;Jun79, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p3
Examines the impact of food and fuel prices in the first quarter of 1979 on U.S. inflation rates. Changes in selected components of consumer and producer price indexes; Changes in retail and producer prices for consumer foods; Changes in consumer service prices.
- RISING PRICES MAY SPUR US FOOD INFLATION. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Jan2010, p15
The article reports on the possibility that food inflation in the U.S. will double its pace as meat and dairy prices continue to increase.
- Core Prices Edge Up in July. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2011, p2
The article reports on the condition of inflation and price in July 2011 in the U.S. It cites several charts which depict July 2011 price statistics including consumer price index (CPI), rents and price change distribution. It mentions that the increase of CPI of about 6.2 percent at an...
- Does Headline Inflation Converge to Core? ZHENG LIU; WEIDNER, JUSTIN // FRBSF Economic Letter;8/1/2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 24, p1
The article focuses on the convergence of headline inflation and core inflation in the U.S. It says that headline inflation often deviates from core inflation through big fluctuations of food and energy price measured by personal consumption expenditures price index (PCEPI). It adds that the...
- At Home. Evans, M. Stanton // National Review Bulletin;4/9/1973, Vol. 25 Issue 14, pB46
The article discusses inflation in the United States. Public indignation and despondent media commentary have arisen due to recent hikes in retail food prices, with most of the blame being pinned onto the allegedly profiteering ways of supermarket operators. The author pointed out that retail...
- Inflation: Recent Developments. // United States Country Monitor;Jan2012, p9
The article reports on the inflation-related developments in the U.S. in 2011. It notes the declination of consumer prices by 0.1% in October and increase of food prices by 0.1%. Meanwhile, it expects inflation to decline by 3.1% in 2012. A chart is presented which depicts the historical trends...