Health benefits of herbs
- The Truth about FDA Approval. Tyler, Varro E. // Prevention;Jun2001, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p119
Discusses how lack of research funds in the United States Food and Drug Administration has slowed approval of herbal drugs, and how many popular herbs such as echinacea, gingko, and saw palmetto have yet to be evaluated.
- Herbal Remedy Use Affected By Culture. // Natural Life;Nov/Dec2001, Issue 82, p6
Reports on the study on the use of herbal remedies and other alternative medicine modalities in Florida. Percentage of patients using herbal medicines; Rate of patients using herbal dietary medicines; Statistics on herbal sales from year 1999 to 2000.
- Cilantro, Chiorella, and Heavy Metals. Millet, John // Medical Herbalism: A Journal for the Clinical Practitioner;Winter2005/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
The article focuses on study concerning the role of cilantro and chlorella in the excretion of heavy metals from the body tissues. Cilantro circulates mercury and toxic metals while chlorella enhances circulation of mercury cut up in non-neurological constructions and helps fecal mercury...
- 11 herbs. Starbuck, J. Jamison // Better Nutrition;Nov99, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p44
Identifies herbs to treat a variety of female ailments. Includes Vitex agnus-castus for the treatment of symptoms related to estrogen dominance; Isoflavones for the relief of premenstrual syndromes and protection against certain cancers; Dioscorea for the production of progesterone; Angelica...
- Market Basket. // Better Nutrition;Feb99, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p68
Features various herbal supplements. Includes Enzymatic Therapy's Remifemin black cohosh extract; Diamond-Herpanacine Associates' Diamond Trim Saint John's wort and Griffonia seed extract product; Nature's Herb's herbal zinc lozenges.
- The thin blue-green line. // Better Nutrition;Jun2001, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the nutritional value of spirulina. Places where the plant is harvested; Nutritional properties; Studies conducted on the plant's anti-inflammatory, immune-enhancing and liver-protective effects.
- Ginseng. Heusel, Catherine // Self;Jun99, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p86
Provides information on ginseng. Other names of ginseng; Health benefits of taking ginseng; Cautions in taking ginseng.
- natural remedies. // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Jul2002, p56
Stresses the importance of following directions in using herbal remedies or vitamins on children. Potential negative consequence of herbal medicines; Problems with giving medication to children; Role of vitamins in children's health.
- Healthy Shopper. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2002, Issue 231, p98
Presents information on several health products. Emergency health travel kit developed by Avi Sussman; So Nice Soyganic organic soybeans; Essiac herbal medicine by Rene M. Caisse.